San Francisco Construction Office Uses Daylighting System in Bid to Earn Net-Zero Status
DPR Construction recently installed 19 Solatube SolaMaster Series 750 DS units in its San Francisco office as part of the company’s effort to achieve the International Living Future Institute’s Net-Zero Energy building (NZEB) designation. If the San Francisco building earns the designation, it will be the first one in the city to do so.
Located at 945 Front Street, DPR designed the 24,000 square-foot building to serve as a “living lab” so others could experience the newest and most innovative energy efficient products firsthand. DPR is a national builder specializing in highly technical and sustainable projects.
Solatube’s daylighting units capture, transfer and deliver bright daylight into the building interior. The units’ sustainable design makes it possible to provide illumination using the power of the sun rather than the power of electricity.
If the new building receives NZEB certification, it will be the third DPR building to be awarded the designation. It will also be the third to use Solatube Daylighting Systems. DPR’s Phoenix office received NZEB certification in 2013 and the company’s San Diego office in 2014. DPR also constructed the net-zero energy building for The David and Lucile Packard Foundation Headquarters in Los Altos.
The design team included design firm FME Architecture + Design, consulting firm Integral Group and Solatube Commercial Distributor Collier Building Specialties.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management