Santa Cruz Agency Installs On-Site Solar
Chevron Energy Solutions has flipped the switch on a new solar installation for Santa Cruz County Office of Education that Chevron Energy says will save the agency more than $2 million over the program’s life.
The project, located at the County Office of Education in Santa Cruz, Calif. is expected to offset carbon emissions by close to 150 metric tons in the first year, and reduce office energy use and purchases of utility-generated power by over 40 percent.
Chevron Energy Solutions designed, engineered and installed the solar system and will perform ongoing operation and maintenance services.
Chevron Energy Solutions has developed hundreds of projects that provide solar power for education, government and business facilities. Its parent, Chevron Corporation, invests across the energy spectrum to develop new energy sources.
In December, Chevron Energy Solutions completed a solar installation for the City of Hanford, Calif., that is expected to reduce energy costs at the city’s wastewater treatment plant and save more than $7 million over the program’s life. The installation uses a 1 MW ground-mounted single-axis solar tracking system, which automatically positions solar panels towards the sun. The program is expected to cut the City of Hanford’s electrical utility purchases by nearly 50 percent at the wastewater treatment plant and offset annual carbon emissions by nearly 1,000 metric tons.
In addition to solar installations, Chevron Energy Solutions also performs energy efficiency upgrades, such as streetlight and HVAC retrofitting.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Energy Financing Report
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Combined Heat and Power
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management