Santa Cruz Agency Installs On-Site Solar
Chevron Energy Solutions has flipped the switch on a new solar installation for Santa Cruz County Office of Education that Chevron Energy says will save the agency more than $2 million over the program’s life.
The project, located at the County Office of Education in Santa Cruz, Calif. is expected to offset carbon emissions by close to 150 metric tons in the first year, and reduce office energy use and purchases of utility-generated power by over 40 percent.
Chevron Energy Solutions designed, engineered and installed the solar system and will perform ongoing operation and maintenance services.
Chevron Energy Solutions has developed hundreds of projects that provide solar power for education, government and business facilities. Its parent, Chevron Corporation, invests across the energy spectrum to develop new energy sources.
In December, Chevron Energy Solutions completed a solar installation for the City of Hanford, Calif., that is expected to reduce energy costs at the city’s wastewater treatment plant and save more than $7 million over the program’s life. The installation uses a 1 MW ground-mounted single-axis solar tracking system, which automatically positions solar panels towards the sun. The program is expected to cut the City of Hanford’s electrical utility purchases by nearly 50 percent at the wastewater treatment plant and offset annual carbon emissions by nearly 1,000 metric tons.
In addition to solar installations, Chevron Energy Solutions also performs energy efficiency upgrades, such as streetlight and HVAC retrofitting.
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year