Satco/Nuvo, Lightkiwi LEDs Top Efficiency Rankings
Energy efficiency ranking organization Topten has placed products by Satco/Nuvo, Ecosmart and Lightkiwi among the best LED bulbs available.
The organization has categorizes the LEDs into two diameters of parabolic aluminized reflector: PAR30, which fit in a housing that is 3.75 inches in diameter, and PAR38, which fit in a housing that is 4.75 inches in diameter. Lights are given a total score out of 100 based on energy efficiency, price and performance.
Satco/Nuvo’s S8971, the top light in the PAR30 category, is a 14W PAR LED reflector lamp. Its rated output is 860 lumens, and it replaces a 75W halogen. It offers a lifetime energy savings of 1,525 kWh, a lifetime cost savings vs halogen of $186 and a payback period with typical use of 5.4 years, according to Topten.
Lightkiwi’s LK-PAR30-10BV40, the top light in the PAR38 category, is a 15W PAR LED reflector lamp. Its rated output is 1100 lumens, and it replaces a 85W halogen. The bulb (pictured) offers a lifetime energy savings of 1,750 kWh, a lifetime cost savings vs halogen of $214 and a payback period with typical use of 4.3 years, according to Topten.
The top five in the PAR30 category are:
- Satco/Nuvo S8971: Score 65.2
- Ecosmart ECS R30 WW V2 FL 120: Score 61.3
- Lighting Science Group DFN 30 WW V2 FL 120: Score 59.6
- Revolution Lighting Technologies AE26PAR3011 3025: Score 59.4
- Technical Consumer Products (TCP) LED14E26P3030KNFL: Score 59.4
For the full PAR30 top ten click here.
The top five in the PAR38 category are:
- Lightkiwi LK-PAR38-10BV40: Score 66.4
- Philips 13PAR38/F25 2700 DIM: Score 65.6
- EiKO LEDP-20WPAR38/FL/830-DIM: Score 64.4
- TCP LED19E26P3827KNFL: Score 62.7
- TCP LED17E26P3830KNFL: Score 62.1
For the full PAR38 top ten click here.
In January last year, products by Ecosmart and TCP were named as the best LED bulbs on the market, accordion to a whitepaper by IEE, TopTen USA and Ecova. Ecosmart’s model ECS R30 WW V2 FL 120 was the top-ranked bulb in the PAR30 category, compared with a number two spot this year. In the PAR38 category, the whitepaper ranked Technical TCP’s model LED17E26P3830KNFL No. 1., compared with a number five rank this year.
Topten is an international alliance of organizations, including WWF, which offers localized, consumer-oriented online search tools for energy efficient products. Topten says that its goal is to address climate change and energy consumption by driving demand and encouraging innovation for energy-efficient products in common categories from appliances to electronics.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Combined Heat and Power
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Energy Financing Report
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management