Satco/Nuvo, Lightkiwi LEDs Top Efficiency Rankings
Energy efficiency ranking organization Topten has placed products by Satco/Nuvo, Ecosmart and Lightkiwi among the best LED bulbs available.
The organization has categorizes the LEDs into two diameters of parabolic aluminized reflector: PAR30, which fit in a housing that is 3.75 inches in diameter, and PAR38, which fit in a housing that is 4.75 inches in diameter. Lights are given a total score out of 100 based on energy efficiency, price and performance.
Satco/Nuvo’s S8971, the top light in the PAR30 category, is a 14W PAR LED reflector lamp. Its rated output is 860 lumens, and it replaces a 75W halogen. It offers a lifetime energy savings of 1,525 kWh, a lifetime cost savings vs halogen of $186 and a payback period with typical use of 5.4 years, according to Topten.
Lightkiwi’s LK-PAR30-10BV40, the top light in the PAR38 category, is a 15W PAR LED reflector lamp. Its rated output is 1100 lumens, and it replaces a 85W halogen. The bulb (pictured) offers a lifetime energy savings of 1,750 kWh, a lifetime cost savings vs halogen of $214 and a payback period with typical use of 4.3 years, according to Topten.
The top five in the PAR30 category are:
- Satco/Nuvo S8971: Score 65.2
- Ecosmart ECS R30 WW V2 FL 120: Score 61.3
- Lighting Science Group DFN 30 WW V2 FL 120: Score 59.6
- Revolution Lighting Technologies AE26PAR3011 3025: Score 59.4
- Technical Consumer Products (TCP) LED14E26P3030KNFL: Score 59.4
For the full PAR30 top ten click here.
The top five in the PAR38 category are:
- Lightkiwi LK-PAR38-10BV40: Score 66.4
- Philips 13PAR38/F25 2700 DIM: Score 65.6
- EiKO LEDP-20WPAR38/FL/830-DIM: Score 64.4
- TCP LED19E26P3827KNFL: Score 62.7
- TCP LED17E26P3830KNFL: Score 62.1
For the full PAR38 top ten click here.
In January last year, products by Ecosmart and TCP were named as the best LED bulbs on the market, accordion to a whitepaper by IEE, TopTen USA and Ecova. Ecosmart’s model ECS R30 WW V2 FL 120 was the top-ranked bulb in the PAR30 category, compared with a number two spot this year. In the PAR38 category, the whitepaper ranked Technical TCP’s model LED17E26P3830KNFL No. 1., compared with a number five rank this year.
Topten is an international alliance of organizations, including WWF, which offers localized, consumer-oriented online search tools for energy efficient products. Topten says that its goal is to address climate change and energy consumption by driving demand and encouraging innovation for energy-efficient products in common categories from appliances to electronics.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- The Impact of a Changing Workforce on Facilities Management
- ARC Brief: Infrastructure: The Hidden Optimization Opportunity
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing