Sawmill Powered by Biomass
Swedish sawmill company Hilmer Anderson has signed a $3.8 million contract with bioenergy and materials handling firm Saxlund International for biomass combustion technology and fuel handling.
With commissioning due in 2015, the contract includes Saxlund’s fuel handling systems and combustion technology in combination with a 12 MW hot-water boiler. The plant will deliver hot water and process heat to the timber kilns from the combustion of waste wood including sawdust, wood chips and bark.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Planning for a Sustainable Future