Energy University Launches Data Center Certified Associate Certification
Energy management specialist Schneider Electric has announced the availability of the Data Center Certified Associate certification program through its online Energy University.
The DCCA certification program provides data center professionals with exposure to current and emerging industry trends and practices that improve their professional credentials and credibility.
The DCCA certification program provides foundational knowledge relevant to designing or upgrading the physical data center, including power, cooling, racks, cabling, fire protection, management, and physical security. The development path is created to guide users through the preparation and course requirements necessary to prepare for the Data Center Certified Associate exam, the company says.
There are 14 courses in the path, and each of the courses takes less than an hour to complete. Once the courses are complete, the user can easily take the exam, which was previously only offered through a physical testing center, through their Energy University account. Additionally, the certification provides a global standard for determining an individual’s core knowledge of data center design, build, and operations.
The education program has provided energy efficiency education courses to professionals in over 165 countries and 13 languages since 2006. Currently Energy University has more than 350,000 users globally and more than 500,000 courses have been taken. Additionally the programs feature more than 22 global industry endorsements.
The DCCA online certification program is the second qualifying exam available online through Energy University. In October 2012, Energy University launched the Professional Energy Manager exam, in partnership with the Institute of Energy Professionals, to give energy-focused individuals an option for earning credentials in the growing energy management field. Since the launch, more than 60 professionals from 26 countries have been certified through the program.
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Integrated Building Optimization
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement