Schneider, Siemens Lead Building Energy Management Market, Navigant Says
The 2014 global building energy management systems (BEMS) market is worth $2.4 billion. By 2020, it will reach $5.6 billion, according to Navigant Research. The promise of data-driven energy management has attracted hundreds of new and traditional players to the global market. The latest Navigant Research Leaderboard Report evaluates 14 leading players in the BEMS market that have demonstrated a track record of installations with major clients in multiple markets and regions.
Leading the pack are Schneider Electric and Siemens, with scores of 76.8 and 75.3 out of 100, respectively. They are followed by Elster EnergyICT (73.8), Johnson Controls (71.9), and Verisae (68.6).
To be included in the Leaderboard Report, companies must demonstrate a broad set of enterprise-level BEMS software applications, and have global market aspirations, cloud-based platforms, and staying power in the face of rapid market disruption.
While companies such as Schneider Electric, Johnson Controls and Siemens have invested significantly in BEMS through R&D as well as acquisitions, several of the market leaders have a track record of just a few years, a testament to the disruptive effect that BEMSs have had on the provision of building services to date, Navigant said.
With over 400 players active in the BEMS market, mere inclusion in this study represents a significant achievement in terms of market penetration to date, Navigant said.
The core of the BEMS market is software, which represents 52 percent of revenue, followed by services (40 percent) and hardware (8 percent). Although software will continue to form the foundation of the BEMS market, players in the market will ultimately succeed based not only on their software offerings but also on the value added services and products that allow users to make the best use of the buildings under management. Success in the BEMS market will be based on both strategy and execution. Continued investment in this market will be required in order to maintain differentiation.
- LG Electronics: Enhancing customer Experience through Sustainability
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity
- Johnson & Johnson: Innovating in Business by Making Sustainability Personal
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?