Schneider, Awesense Reduce Electricity Losses
Schneider Electric and Awesense have signed an agreement to commercialize complementary offers to reduce network losses in electricity distribution grids.
Awesense develops products and software to identify losses from metering errors to electricity theft. For instance, Awesense has found that marijuana growers are heavy energy consumers because they use special energy-hogging lights to make their crops grow faster indoors.
The agreement between the two companies will enable Schneider Electric to integrate and sell Awesense’s True Grid Intelligence (TGI) cloud software and line sensors, as well as associated engineering and technical services. The solution identifies losses on all grid topologies with overhead or underground conductors. Awesense will benefit from Schneider Electric’s commercial footprint.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds