Schneider: Data Center Reference Designs Speed Projects
Schneider Electric announced the public availability of reference designs for data center infrastructure systems. These project planning tools offer documented and validated plans detailing how physical infrastructure systems are to be configured, interconnected, and laid out, as well as which specific components are to be used within the system.
Schneider Electric says it is neither practical nor cost effective to completely engineer all aspects of a unique data center, and its reference designs can simplify and shorten projects while ensuring more predictable results. Compared to the traditional “blank piece of paper” design approach, reference designs are a tool for moving through the early planning phase and into the detailed design much faster.
Decisions regarding the key project parameters such as capacity, criticality, density, efficiency, and budget can all be made more quickly and effectively with the templates. By having key stakeholders determine and agree on these parameters early in the planning phase, engineering firms can be consulted sooner and the number of time-consuming design iterations that are common with the traditional approach will be greatly reduced, says Schneider. Acting as a common platform and language for discussion, reference designs are a starting point for any new or retrofit project.
Design summary documents can be downloaded which describe and list each design’s standardized performance attributes. Each design has an engineering package containing one-line drawings, piping diagrams, bill of materials and floor layouts. Each design’s engineering package is available by request. With over 50 designs available today, Schneider’s library will evolve and grow over time as new design concepts are developed, documented, and validated.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management