Schneider: Data Center Reference Designs Speed Projects
Schneider Electric announced the public availability of reference designs for data center infrastructure systems. These project planning tools offer documented and validated plans detailing how physical infrastructure systems are to be configured, interconnected, and laid out, as well as which specific components are to be used within the system.
Schneider Electric says it is neither practical nor cost effective to completely engineer all aspects of a unique data center, and its reference designs can simplify and shorten projects while ensuring more predictable results. Compared to the traditional “blank piece of paper” design approach, reference designs are a tool for moving through the early planning phase and into the detailed design much faster.
Decisions regarding the key project parameters such as capacity, criticality, density, efficiency, and budget can all be made more quickly and effectively with the templates. By having key stakeholders determine and agree on these parameters early in the planning phase, engineering firms can be consulted sooner and the number of time-consuming design iterations that are common with the traditional approach will be greatly reduced, says Schneider. Acting as a common platform and language for discussion, reference designs are a starting point for any new or retrofit project.
Design summary documents can be downloaded which describe and list each design’s standardized performance attributes. Each design has an engineering package containing one-line drawings, piping diagrams, bill of materials and floor layouts. Each design’s engineering package is available by request. With over 50 designs available today, Schneider’s library will evolve and grow over time as new design concepts are developed, documented, and validated.
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement