Schneider Designs Building Management System for Perot Museum
Schneider Electric completed a new construction project with the Perot Museum of Nature and Science in Dallas.
The project included the installation of customized and integrated control and security systems throughout the six-floor facility in the Fair Park area of downtown Dallas.
For the integrated building management system (BMS), Schneider Electric incorporated its Andover Continuum solution and its access control systems. It also used Pelco by Schneider Electric for the IP cameras and closed circuit television. In addition, Schneider incorporated Stenofon for IP intercom, Radionics for intrusion detection, and Notifier for fire alarm.
The Schneider Electric systems combined with these other offerings allow the customer to have full access to the entire system from multiple locations. The BMS also has remote capability, so it can be monitored and managed from anywhere.
Through the unique installation process, the Schneider Electric team navigated the 20-foot high ceilings and low light conditions with careful consideration for the museum’s architectural design and exhibit layout.
Kenneth Cadenhead, director of facilities at the Perot Museum of Nature and Science said efficiency is extremely important for the bottom line of the non profit. A spokesperson for Schneider said even though it’s a new building and there are no prior year comparisons, if this technology was not in place, the building’s energy costs could likely be 30 percent higher.
Photo credit: biggernoise’s Flickr photostream
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds