Schneider Electric Aims for Holistic Approach to Data Center Management
Schneider Electric has completed the integration of its Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) solution, StruxureWare for Data Centers, with HP’s Universal Configuration Management Database (UCMDB). This integration provides data center managers with more cohesive management of data center assets, Schneider Electric said.
Typically, DCIM and IT Service Management (ITSM) platforms operate in isolation from each other, with data center managers using different teams and resources to manage change within and between each domain. This increases the possibility for potentially time-consuming and costly resource conflicts. The integration of Schneider Electric’s StruxureWare for Data Centers suite with HP’s UCMDB will enable communication and asset data reconciliation between the solutions platforms for DCIM and ITSM. This allows data center managers to manage IT services and physical infrastructure within the data center in a holistic, integrated way.
Access to HP’s “Single Instance of Truth” provides enhanced visibility into asset performance and lifecycle across all HP IT management platforms, while inter-platform asset and event change reporting can alert data center operators to potential asset conflicts, such as limitations on infrastructure or service policy violations. Obtaining this level of detail regarding asset performance provides operators with an improved understanding of impact scenarios at the infrastructure, virtual machine and customer level, the company explained.
Linking IT services and processes to physical assets as well as power and cooling requirements enables data center operators to directly associate IT with power consumption. By allowing for the measurement of workload-to-watts equivalency, data center managers can capture the true total cost of operation for end user services.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Connected Buildings, Connected People: A Look to the Future
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies