Schneider Electric Aims for Holistic Approach to Data Center Management
Schneider Electric has completed the integration of its Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) solution, StruxureWare for Data Centers, with HP’s Universal Configuration Management Database (UCMDB). This integration provides data center managers with more cohesive management of data center assets, Schneider Electric said.
Typically, DCIM and IT Service Management (ITSM) platforms operate in isolation from each other, with data center managers using different teams and resources to manage change within and between each domain. This increases the possibility for potentially time-consuming and costly resource conflicts. The integration of Schneider Electric’s StruxureWare for Data Centers suite with HP’s UCMDB will enable communication and asset data reconciliation between the solutions platforms for DCIM and ITSM. This allows data center managers to manage IT services and physical infrastructure within the data center in a holistic, integrated way.
Access to HP’s “Single Instance of Truth” provides enhanced visibility into asset performance and lifecycle across all HP IT management platforms, while inter-platform asset and event change reporting can alert data center operators to potential asset conflicts, such as limitations on infrastructure or service policy violations. Obtaining this level of detail regarding asset performance provides operators with an improved understanding of impact scenarios at the infrastructure, virtual machine and customer level, the company explained.
Linking IT services and processes to physical assets as well as power and cooling requirements enables data center operators to directly associate IT with power consumption. By allowing for the measurement of workload-to-watts equivalency, data center managers can capture the true total cost of operation for end user services.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year