Schneider Electric Completes Data Center Expansion
Schneider Electric’s Mission Critical Services group and Data Center Service Provider team managed the design, engineering, construction and final commissioning of the new data center in 11 weeks.
TierPoint is a provider of cloud, colocation and managed services. To meet its increased demand in Seattle, Schneider Electric convertws a floor of TierPoint’s Fisher Plaza facility, previously used as office space, into 10,000 square feet of raised floor space and 2 MW of 2N critical load. The multi-tenant building required that service to other customers could not be interrupted during construction. Previous to the expansion project, the existing data center had .5 MW of 2N critical load.
Schneider and its partners collaborated to facilitate the installation of overweight data center infrastructure equipment onto ball bearing isolation platforms; develop a solution for water delivery and distribution for cooling units; retrofit the existing office floor into a raised floor; and adhere to strict regulations and building codes.
The new facility also includes Schneider Electric Structural Isolation Systems, Square D Switchgear, 500kW Symmetra PX, APC PDU 300kVA, Modular Remote Power Panels and a Power Monitoring and Building Automation System.
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year