Schneider Electric Completes Data Center Expansion
Schneider Electric’s Mission Critical Services group and Data Center Service Provider team managed the design, engineering, construction and final commissioning of the new data center in 11 weeks.
TierPoint is a provider of cloud, colocation and managed services. To meet its increased demand in Seattle, Schneider Electric convertws a floor of TierPoint’s Fisher Plaza facility, previously used as office space, into 10,000 square feet of raised floor space and 2 MW of 2N critical load. The multi-tenant building required that service to other customers could not be interrupted during construction. Previous to the expansion project, the existing data center had .5 MW of 2N critical load.
Schneider and its partners collaborated to facilitate the installation of overweight data center infrastructure equipment onto ball bearing isolation platforms; develop a solution for water delivery and distribution for cooling units; retrofit the existing office floor into a raised floor; and adhere to strict regulations and building codes.
The new facility also includes Schneider Electric Structural Isolation Systems, Square D Switchgear, 500kW Symmetra PX, APC PDU 300kVA, Modular Remote Power Panels and a Power Monitoring and Building Automation System.
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Let's Do The Math for DR