Schneider Electric Completes Data Center Expansion
Schneider Electric’s Mission Critical Services group and Data Center Service Provider team managed the design, engineering, construction and final commissioning of the new data center in 11 weeks.
TierPoint is a provider of cloud, colocation and managed services. To meet its increased demand in Seattle, Schneider Electric convertws a floor of TierPoint’s Fisher Plaza facility, previously used as office space, into 10,000 square feet of raised floor space and 2 MW of 2N critical load. The multi-tenant building required that service to other customers could not be interrupted during construction. Previous to the expansion project, the existing data center had .5 MW of 2N critical load.
Schneider and its partners collaborated to facilitate the installation of overweight data center infrastructure equipment onto ball bearing isolation platforms; develop a solution for water delivery and distribution for cooling units; retrofit the existing office floor into a raised floor; and adhere to strict regulations and building codes.
The new facility also includes Schneider Electric Structural Isolation Systems, Square D Switchgear, 500kW Symmetra PX, APC PDU 300kVA, Modular Remote Power Panels and a Power Monitoring and Building Automation System.
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- The Sustainable Edge™
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- LG Electronics: Enhancing customer Experience through Sustainability
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?