Schneider Electric Cuts Energy Consumption 25% at Its Own Sites
Schneider Electric has been applying its energy efficiency solutions to 160 of its own industrial sites globally and has published details of the energy consumption every year since 2005, in the context of the Schneider Energy Action program. Having achieved a 15 percent savings, the company now is aiming for an additional 10 percent savings by 2014.
Up to the end of 2011, several million euros were allocated annually to equip these sites with almost 500 variable speed drives, 1,900 meters and hundreds of sensors, controllers and other building management systems. Schneider also replaced existing lighting with low consumption systems and installed more efficient heat engines. These measures enabled the company to reduce its energy consumption by 15 percent.
To reduce energy consumption another 10 percent by 2014, the Energy Action program incorporates a series of measures, based on the implementation of the Schneider Electric Struxureware software suite and associated services:
- Connection of all sites larger than 5,000 square meters to Struxureware Energy Operation, Schneider Electric’s energy monitoring platform;
- Implementation of Struxureware Resource Advisor which makes it possible to access energy bills, check their accuracy, optimize supply contracts and save on unregulated markets;
- Deployment of ISO 50001 certification on 20 sites;
- Implementation of a global service contract in order to maintain the achieved savings.
In related news, Schneider released StruxureWare Power Monitoring for Data Centers – a specific element of the broader StruxureWare suite. The data center software is designed to address all aspects of the data center physical infrastructure needed to maximize efficiency.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Enterprise Internet Of Things: What Is It, and How Will It Improve Energy Management?
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls