Schneider Expands Weather Forecasting Services
PJM Interconnection is incorporating Schneider Electric’s GIS web services weather data into an interactive dispatch map, allowing system operators to integrate multiple data sources, including weather data and its transmission system.
Integrated data overlays improve overall situational awareness for PJM’s system operators, helping them to make decisions about controlling the grid, dispatching generation and maintaining grid reliability.
PSE&G is incorporating Schneider Electric’s Energy Event Index to support its Emergency Preparedness and Outage Management divisions. By providing a categorized threat risk for PSE&G operational regions, the Energy Event Index will allow PSE&G to make improved mutual aid and crew-management decisions.
Schneider Electric is one of a growing trend of companies to offer weather forecasting services in the energy sector. These services are proving, in many cases, to be more accurate than traditional meteorology. For example, StatWeather, which provides probability-based weather prediction systems, correctly forecasted a less active 2013 hurricane season, and an extremely cold, stormy winter for the Midwest.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Energy Financing Report
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management