Schneider Expands Weather Forecasting Services
PJM Interconnection is incorporating Schneider Electric’s GIS web services weather data into an interactive dispatch map, allowing system operators to integrate multiple data sources, including weather data and its transmission system.
Integrated data overlays improve overall situational awareness for PJM’s system operators, helping them to make decisions about controlling the grid, dispatching generation and maintaining grid reliability.
PSE&G is incorporating Schneider Electric’s Energy Event Index to support its Emergency Preparedness and Outage Management divisions. By providing a categorized threat risk for PSE&G operational regions, the Energy Event Index will allow PSE&G to make improved mutual aid and crew-management decisions.
Schneider Electric is one of a growing trend of companies to offer weather forecasting services in the energy sector. These services are proving, in many cases, to be more accurate than traditional meteorology. For example, StatWeather, which provides probability-based weather prediction systems, correctly forecasted a less active 2013 hurricane season, and an extremely cold, stormy winter for the Midwest.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers