Schneider Expands Weather Forecasting Services
PJM Interconnection is incorporating Schneider Electric’s GIS web services weather data into an interactive dispatch map, allowing system operators to integrate multiple data sources, including weather data and its transmission system.
Integrated data overlays improve overall situational awareness for PJM’s system operators, helping them to make decisions about controlling the grid, dispatching generation and maintaining grid reliability.
PSE&G is incorporating Schneider Electric’s Energy Event Index to support its Emergency Preparedness and Outage Management divisions. By providing a categorized threat risk for PSE&G operational regions, the Energy Event Index will allow PSE&G to make improved mutual aid and crew-management decisions.
Schneider Electric is one of a growing trend of companies to offer weather forecasting services in the energy sector. These services are proving, in many cases, to be more accurate than traditional meteorology. For example, StatWeather, which provides probability-based weather prediction systems, correctly forecasted a less active 2013 hurricane season, and an extremely cold, stormy winter for the Midwest.
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management