Schneider Electric Launches StruxureWare for Data Centers V2.0
Schneider Electric has launched StruxureWare for Data Centers v2.0, a software application designed to integrate data center performance with business goals, and provide improved insight to executives.
This latest enhancement to Schneider’s suite of Data Center Infrastructure Management software enables center management across multiple domains and provides businesses with intelligence to balance high availability and peak efficiency through enhanced monitoring and management.
The program also features new power capping capabilities for further control of power consumption at the server level for improved IT management, and a new StruxureWare Portal for increased visibility into business and data center key performance indicators, the company says.
Schneider describes StruxureWare for Data Centers v2.0 as an “open, modular, fully scalable and integrated DCIM solution” that breaks down the typically siloed information that often prevents a holistic and intelligent view of the mechanical, electrical and IT aspects of center operation.
Application programming interfaces and EcoStruxure web services allow for data-sharing between applications and, Schneider says, enhance data accuracy and availability. These components seamlessly integrate with third-party applications, other StruxureWare software suites and EcoStruxure physical infrastructure components, enabling businesses to manage their data centers across multiple domains.
The StruxureWare for Data Centers suite consists of:
- Resource Advisor for tracking and managing enterprise energy and carbon costs.
- Data Center Operation for managing data center assets, and operational and capital costs; incorporates multi-tenant, space and cage management as well as integrated tenant billing.
- Data Center Expert for monitoring and controlling data center power, cooling and security.
- Power Monitoring Expert for advanced power monitoring, analysis and power quality.
- Cooling Monitoring Expert for advanced cooling monitoring and automation.
In October, Schneider launched a product that moved power distribution in data centers from below the floor to above the IT cabinet rows. The Powerbus plug-in busway delivers adaptable power distribution in data centers and maximizes cooling efforts, according to the company.
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Getting It Right: Evaluating, Deploying EMIS Software
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement