Schneider Electric Partners with Intel for DCIM Server Access
Schneider Electric has worked with Intel to roll out a data center infrastructure management (DCIM) software that provides server access without the need for additional hardware.
This new Server Access product module for StruxureWare Data Center Operation is the result of leveraging Intel Virtual Gateway technology to provide full server lifecycle access and power cycling for remote management.
Intel and Schneider Electric are bridging facilities and IT by offering vKVM (virtual keyboard video mouse) and DCIM in one integrated product suite. The vKVM switches provide remote access to servers and can control multiple servers, eliminating the need for hardware. Combining DCIM and software KVM technology allows IT managers, data center operators and facility managers to launch, manage, troubleshoot and control servers directly from the DCIM software. It includes a physical model for the location of servers, which enables identification of potential issues such as power or cooling impact.
Virtual Gateway is an extension of Intel’s Data Center Manager (DCM) software. The joint effort with Schneider Electric broadens the use of the technology and will help data centers reduce hardware spend, according to Intel.
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- BuildingIQ Security
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement