Schneider Electric Signs $3.9M ESPC with Riverbank, Calif.
Schneider Electric has signed a $3.9 million energy savings performance contract (ESPC) with the City of Riverbank, Calif. The city pursued the project after recognizing its existing facultative lagoon system may not comply with anticipated future treatment standards for the state of California.
Upgrading the existing facultative lagoons through a conventional design/bid/build process would have added an additional 60 percent to project costs. Schneider Electric worked with the city to develop a turnkey retrofit solution for existing lagoons to be upgraded to extended aeration treatment utilizing the Parkson Corporation Biolac technology. The project is expected to cut Riverbank’s wastewater treatment plant energy use by 75 percent, saving more than $240,000 in annual energy costs with no new taxes or increased fees to residents.
Using the ESPC model, Riverbank is able to implement infrastructure projects by using projected utility cost savings from the project for funding over a longer payback period. Riverbank’s self-funded wastewater treatment project is guaranteed to save the city $2 million over the project lifetime. The project will save Riverbank more than 2.5 million kWh each year.
Schneider Electric signed a $5.7 million ESPC with the city of Clute, Texas, this past March. In February, the US General Services Administration awarded Schneider Electric a $6.4 million ESPC for the Almeric Christian Federal Building in St. Croix, US Virgin Islands.
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management