Schneider Electric Signs $3.9M ESPC with Riverbank, Calif.
Schneider Electric has signed a $3.9 million energy savings performance contract (ESPC) with the City of Riverbank, Calif. The city pursued the project after recognizing its existing facultative lagoon system may not comply with anticipated future treatment standards for the state of California.
Upgrading the existing facultative lagoons through a conventional design/bid/build process would have added an additional 60 percent to project costs. Schneider Electric worked with the city to develop a turnkey retrofit solution for existing lagoons to be upgraded to extended aeration treatment utilizing the Parkson Corporation Biolac technology. The project is expected to cut Riverbank’s wastewater treatment plant energy use by 75 percent, saving more than $240,000 in annual energy costs with no new taxes or increased fees to residents.
Using the ESPC model, Riverbank is able to implement infrastructure projects by using projected utility cost savings from the project for funding over a longer payback period. Riverbank’s self-funded wastewater treatment project is guaranteed to save the city $2 million over the project lifetime. The project will save Riverbank more than 2.5 million kWh each year.
Schneider Electric signed a $5.7 million ESPC with the city of Clute, Texas, this past March. In February, the US General Services Administration awarded Schneider Electric a $6.4 million ESPC for the Almeric Christian Federal Building in St. Croix, US Virgin Islands.
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Gartner Magic Quadrant