Schneider Electric Signs $3.9M ESPC with Riverbank, Calif.
Schneider Electric has signed a $3.9 million energy savings performance contract (ESPC) with the City of Riverbank, Calif. The city pursued the project after recognizing its existing facultative lagoon system may not comply with anticipated future treatment standards for the state of California.
Upgrading the existing facultative lagoons through a conventional design/bid/build process would have added an additional 60 percent to project costs. Schneider Electric worked with the city to develop a turnkey retrofit solution for existing lagoons to be upgraded to extended aeration treatment utilizing the Parkson Corporation Biolac technology. The project is expected to cut Riverbank’s wastewater treatment plant energy use by 75 percent, saving more than $240,000 in annual energy costs with no new taxes or increased fees to residents.
Using the ESPC model, Riverbank is able to implement infrastructure projects by using projected utility cost savings from the project for funding over a longer payback period. Riverbank’s self-funded wastewater treatment project is guaranteed to save the city $2 million over the project lifetime. The project will save Riverbank more than 2.5 million kWh each year.
Schneider Electric signed a $5.7 million ESPC with the city of Clute, Texas, this past March. In February, the US General Services Administration awarded Schneider Electric a $6.4 million ESPC for the Almeric Christian Federal Building in St. Croix, US Virgin Islands.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Energy Financing Report
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Combined Heat and Power
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management