Schneider Electric Wins $2.8M City Energy Contract
Schneider Electric won a contract with the City of Jasper, Alabama, for a citywide energy renovation program. The $2.8 million contract marks major upgrades to the City of Jasper facilities, including an almost century-old city hall. The project will amount to more than $3.6 million in energy savings over the next 20 years.
Via a capital recovery and reinvestment program with Schneider Electric, Jasper will implement major mechanical, electrical, IT and building envelope renovations throughout the city.
Schneider Electric will install its building automation technology to connect city facilities, providing comprehensive data and actionable insights about how the city uses its energy. Jasper will also receive installation of new HVAC systems, telecommunications systems and citywide interior and exterior lighting upgrades. Once completed, the city will have utility and maintenance costs reduced by 26 percent annually, allowing this savings to be reinvested in other improvements and projects in the city.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation