Schneider Launches Uninterruptible Power Supply, Data Center Cooling System
Schneider Electric debuted two new products this week, a cooling system for data centers and a lithium-ion battery back-up that offers uninterruptible power supply (UPS).
EcoAisle (pictured) is its intelligent thermal containment system, which increases data center cooling efficiency. Schneider says it allows data center managers to realize a 50 percent reduction in fan energy usage over traditional cooling systems by monitoring airflow balance between the cooling system and IT equipment and adjusting the cooling system fan speed automatically to right-size the airflow based on IT load.
Schneider says it is flexible and can work with different rack sizes and heights and allows for fire safety measures such as detecting thermal events and enables full access to the sprinkler system.
The company also launched the Back-UPS Pro 500, a UPS for networking equipment and PC systems utilizing an advanced lithium-ion battery for extended service life. Schneider says its network management capability allows remote optimization of energy controls, or automated power “reboot” of frozen network devices, so users no longer need to be at home to physically unplug and restart a frozen router or modem. It can also power up performance PC systems and provides automated shutdown capability through the USB management port.
Another feature of its energy management skills is that it can power off peripherals via what it calls the “Smart Outlets” when the primary component and the Master Outlet are shut down or shut off, eliminating idle power draw of equipment not in use. When the primary component is detected to be running again, power at the Smart Outlets is automatically restored.
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- There’s Money in the Trash
- It's Time for Today's EHS and Sustainability Professionals to Embrace Big Data
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers