Schneider Launches Uninterruptible Power Supply, Data Center Cooling System
Schneider Electric debuted two new products this week, a cooling system for data centers and a lithium-ion battery back-up that offers uninterruptible power supply (UPS).
EcoAisle (pictured) is its intelligent thermal containment system, which increases data center cooling efficiency. Schneider says it allows data center managers to realize a 50 percent reduction in fan energy usage over traditional cooling systems by monitoring airflow balance between the cooling system and IT equipment and adjusting the cooling system fan speed automatically to right-size the airflow based on IT load.
Schneider says it is flexible and can work with different rack sizes and heights and allows for fire safety measures such as detecting thermal events and enables full access to the sprinkler system.
The company also launched the Back-UPS Pro 500, a UPS for networking equipment and PC systems utilizing an advanced lithium-ion battery for extended service life. Schneider says its network management capability allows remote optimization of energy controls, or automated power “reboot” of frozen network devices, so users no longer need to be at home to physically unplug and restart a frozen router or modem. It can also power up performance PC systems and provides automated shutdown capability through the USB management port.
Another feature of its energy management skills is that it can power off peripherals via what it calls the “Smart Outlets” when the primary component and the Master Outlet are shut down or shut off, eliminating idle power draw of equipment not in use. When the primary component is detected to be running again, power at the Smart Outlets is automatically restored.
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement