Schneider Moves Power Feeds Above IT Cabinets
Schneider Electric is offering a new product to move power distribution in data centers from below the floor to above the IT cabinet rows. Its Powerbus plug-in busway delivers adaptable power distribution in data centers and maximizes cooling efforts, according to the company.
Traditional power distribution places power feeds under a raised floor, sometimes blocking airflow and leading to energy waste. Moving power distribution from below the floor to above the IT cabinet rows eliminates PDUs and remote power panels from the IT floor space while enhancing under-floor cooling.
Schneider says the above-the-row busway systems can be quickly installed via a snap-and-bolt hanger design, plug-in straight length joint connections and tool-less plug-in unit installation. And the accessible busway systems make it easier to move, add or change branch circuits.
In February, Schneider launched a range of energy management tools designed to marry up with Cisco products. Pairings include Schneider Electric StruxureWare for Data Centers Suite Cisco UCS Manager Plug-In – a product pairing aimed at improving energy efficiency and design of data centers. The announcement followed the launch of Schneider Electric Torana Application Server – a product which integrates Schneider Electric’s EcoStruxure architecture and the Cisco EnergyWise product.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Getting It Right: Evaluating, Deploying EMIS Software
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts