Schneider Moves Power Feeds Above IT Cabinets
Schneider Electric is offering a new product to move power distribution in data centers from below the floor to above the IT cabinet rows. Its Powerbus plug-in busway delivers adaptable power distribution in data centers and maximizes cooling efforts, according to the company.
Traditional power distribution places power feeds under a raised floor, sometimes blocking airflow and leading to energy waste. Moving power distribution from below the floor to above the IT cabinet rows eliminates PDUs and remote power panels from the IT floor space while enhancing under-floor cooling.
Schneider says the above-the-row busway systems can be quickly installed via a snap-and-bolt hanger design, plug-in straight length joint connections and tool-less plug-in unit installation. And the accessible busway systems make it easier to move, add or change branch circuits.
In February, Schneider launched a range of energy management tools designed to marry up with Cisco products. Pairings include Schneider Electric StruxureWare for Data Centers Suite Cisco UCS Manager Plug-In – a product pairing aimed at improving energy efficiency and design of data centers. The announcement followed the launch of Schneider Electric Torana Application Server – a product which integrates Schneider Electric’s EcoStruxure architecture and the Cisco EnergyWise product.
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Dawn of the Building Performance Era
- LG Electronics: Enhancing customer Experience through Sustainability
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software