Schneider Moves Power Feeds Above IT Cabinets
Schneider Electric is offering a new product to move power distribution in data centers from below the floor to above the IT cabinet rows. Its Powerbus plug-in busway delivers adaptable power distribution in data centers and maximizes cooling efforts, according to the company.
Traditional power distribution places power feeds under a raised floor, sometimes blocking airflow and leading to energy waste. Moving power distribution from below the floor to above the IT cabinet rows eliminates PDUs and remote power panels from the IT floor space while enhancing under-floor cooling.
Schneider says the above-the-row busway systems can be quickly installed via a snap-and-bolt hanger design, plug-in straight length joint connections and tool-less plug-in unit installation. And the accessible busway systems make it easier to move, add or change branch circuits.
In February, Schneider launched a range of energy management tools designed to marry up with Cisco products. Pairings include Schneider Electric StruxureWare for Data Centers Suite Cisco UCS Manager Plug-In – a product pairing aimed at improving energy efficiency and design of data centers. The announcement followed the launch of Schneider Electric Torana Application Server – a product which integrates Schneider Electric’s EcoStruxure architecture and the Cisco EnergyWise product.
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement