Schneider Opens Global R&D Center
Schneider Electric held the grand opening of its new North American research and development center in Andover, Mass. The Boston One Campus will also serve as the company’s new North America headquarters, which has relocated from Palatine, Ill.
The new center is built to house about 750 employees across all disciplines of Schneider Electric’s business segments. Laurent Vernerey, president and CEO of Schneider Electric’s North America operations, will relocate to the new headquarters.
The Boston One Campus incorporates about $8 million of Schneider Electric’s own products and systems. The facility is US Green Building Council LEED Silver certified and leverages Schneider Electric’s SmartStruxure building management system; EcoAisle and EcoBreeze data center cooling systems, data center and server uninterruptible power supplies (UPS); Schneider Electric Altivar variable speed for HVAC control; a variety of ultra-efficient luminaires from Juno Lighting Group by Schneider Electric; and intelligent IP security management systems from Pelco by Schneider Electric.
The Boston One Campus is made up of more than 240,000 square feet across two buildings. In particular, the campus’ fully immersive Discovery Center allows visitors to learn about Schneider Electric’s energy management story, as well as experiment with several of the company’s solutions through simulated demonstrations. Boston One is also equipped with 53,000 square feet of engineering laboratory space that includes customer accessible, cross-discipline technology integration laboratories known as StruxureLabs, where Schneider Electric engineers test and validate products that go into real-world customer deployments.
The new Boston One Campus joins the company’s four existing global R&D centers located in Bangalore, Shanghai, Grenoble, and Monterrey.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management