Schneider Selects Windows Azure for StruxureWare, Debuts Smaller Scale Panelboard
Schneider Electric selected Microsoft Windows Azure as a preferred cloud provider for Schneider’s StruxureWare software applications, beginning with StruxureWare Resource Advisor and StruxureWare Energy Operations.
With Windows Azure, StruxureWare software customers can achieve gains in speed of processing and eliminate the need for on-premises IT infrastructure. Additionally, virtualization and automation software tools can be scaled, replicated and rolled out globally, with local language support. The cloud functionality allows secure cloud connectivity to existing energy metering and monitoring systems. It also increases mobility for customers by providing access to information within the StruxureWare software applications on the go.
Schneider Electric software developers will benefit from Windows Azure’s pay-as-you-go structure, allowing resources to be switched on and off, as needed, to reduce costs, says Schneider.
Windows Azure is already in use in Schneider Electric’s Orbit, a mobile field data collection solution for ArcFM. Orbit uses Windows Azure technology to provide scalability in adding users without affecting load on enterprise systems. It also provides task management data storage to deliver backup, availability and security.
In other news, Schneider Electric released its Square D I-Line Combo Panelboard (pictured), designed to save time and space by combining an I-Line power distribution section and NQ or NF lighting sections into one panelboard. Key features include:
- The I-Line Combo Panelboard is built to the same UL Listed 67 standard as other Square D panelboards and provides a quick installation due to having to install only one panelboard
- Reduced Footprint – By combining a power panel with up to two lighting sections in one enclosure, the I-Line Combo Panelboard saves space in a facility compared to traditional configurations
￼The Single I-Line Combo Panelboard is available in 26- and 32-inch widths. The Duplex I-Line Combo Panelboard is available in 32- and 44- inch widths, with two hard-bussed sections or one hard-bussed section and mounting space for field-installable options. The I-Line power section mounts horizontally and is available in 18, 22.5, or 31.5 inch mounting space configurations.
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection