Schneider Selects Windows Azure for StruxureWare, Debuts Smaller Scale Panelboard
Schneider Electric selected Microsoft Windows Azure as a preferred cloud provider for Schneider’s StruxureWare software applications, beginning with StruxureWare Resource Advisor and StruxureWare Energy Operations.
With Windows Azure, StruxureWare software customers can achieve gains in speed of processing and eliminate the need for on-premises IT infrastructure. Additionally, virtualization and automation software tools can be scaled, replicated and rolled out globally, with local language support. The cloud functionality allows secure cloud connectivity to existing energy metering and monitoring systems. It also increases mobility for customers by providing access to information within the StruxureWare software applications on the go.
Schneider Electric software developers will benefit from Windows Azure’s pay-as-you-go structure, allowing resources to be switched on and off, as needed, to reduce costs, says Schneider.
Windows Azure is already in use in Schneider Electric’s Orbit, a mobile field data collection solution for ArcFM. Orbit uses Windows Azure technology to provide scalability in adding users without affecting load on enterprise systems. It also provides task management data storage to deliver backup, availability and security.
In other news, Schneider Electric released its Square D I-Line Combo Panelboard (pictured), designed to save time and space by combining an I-Line power distribution section and NQ or NF lighting sections into one panelboard. Key features include:
- The I-Line Combo Panelboard is built to the same UL Listed 67 standard as other Square D panelboards and provides a quick installation due to having to install only one panelboard
- Reduced Footprint – By combining a power panel with up to two lighting sections in one enclosure, the I-Line Combo Panelboard saves space in a facility compared to traditional configurations
￼The Single I-Line Combo Panelboard is available in 26- and 32-inch widths. The Duplex I-Line Combo Panelboard is available in 32- and 44- inch widths, with two hard-bussed sections or one hard-bussed section and mounting space for field-installable options. The I-Line power section mounts horizontally and is available in 18, 22.5, or 31.5 inch mounting space configurations.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- Select the Right Solution for Facilities Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room