Schneider Selects Windows Azure for StruxureWare, Debuts Smaller Scale Panelboard
Schneider Electric selected Microsoft Windows Azure as a preferred cloud provider for Schneider’s StruxureWare software applications, beginning with StruxureWare Resource Advisor and StruxureWare Energy Operations.
With Windows Azure, StruxureWare software customers can achieve gains in speed of processing and eliminate the need for on-premises IT infrastructure. Additionally, virtualization and automation software tools can be scaled, replicated and rolled out globally, with local language support. The cloud functionality allows secure cloud connectivity to existing energy metering and monitoring systems. It also increases mobility for customers by providing access to information within the StruxureWare software applications on the go.
Schneider Electric software developers will benefit from Windows Azure’s pay-as-you-go structure, allowing resources to be switched on and off, as needed, to reduce costs, says Schneider.
Windows Azure is already in use in Schneider Electric’s Orbit, a mobile field data collection solution for ArcFM. Orbit uses Windows Azure technology to provide scalability in adding users without affecting load on enterprise systems. It also provides task management data storage to deliver backup, availability and security.
In other news, Schneider Electric released its Square D I-Line Combo Panelboard (pictured), designed to save time and space by combining an I-Line power distribution section and NQ or NF lighting sections into one panelboard. Key features include:
- The I-Line Combo Panelboard is built to the same UL Listed 67 standard as other Square D panelboards and provides a quick installation due to having to install only one panelboard
- Reduced Footprint – By combining a power panel with up to two lighting sections in one enclosure, the I-Line Combo Panelboard saves space in a facility compared to traditional configurations
￼The Single I-Line Combo Panelboard is available in 26- and 32-inch widths. The Duplex I-Line Combo Panelboard is available in 32- and 44- inch widths, with two hard-bussed sections or one hard-bussed section and mounting space for field-installable options. The I-Line power section mounts horizontally and is available in 18, 22.5, or 31.5 inch mounting space configurations.
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Building Energy Intelligence
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management