Schneider, Vigilent Team for Data Center Cooling
Energy management specialist Schneider Electric and cooling management systems company Vigilent have launched Data Center Operation: Cooling Optimize, an add-on module for Schneider Electric’s data center infrastructure management product, StruxureWare for Data Centers.
The enhancement uses closed loop control along with monitoring and analysis capabilities to enable data centers to automatically self-correct issues with temperature and air flow.
The self-learning Cooling Optimize module is aimed at bridging the gap between facilities and IT by matching cooling with critical thermal locations on the floor. The module employs software from Vigilent that continuously adjusts cooling as environmental conditions change. This real-time response to temperature-affecting events, such as equipment moves, upgrades or IT load swings, stabilizes air flow and solves the complex puzzle of cooling resource allocation, Schneider says.
Key benefits of the Cooling Optimize module include:
- Instant results: Dynamic cooling control, improved thermal conditions, and energy savings are immediate.
- Risk mitigation: Up to 95 percent of hotspots are automatically resolved, and data is provided to help facility managers diagnose trickier issues. The system also includes robust fail-safes and alarms.
- Cost savings: Up to 40 percent of cooling energy costs are eliminated by delivering all necessary cooling with the lowest possible energy use, according to Schneider.
- Increased capacity: Stranded cooling capacity is identified and unlocked, allowing facilities to handle increased IT load.
- Extended equipment lifecycles: Since cooling equipment is used more effectively and efficiently, it lasts longer and requires less maintenance, Schneider says.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Building Energy Intelligence
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Getting It Right: Evaluating, Deploying EMIS Software
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management