Schneider Wins $5.7M ESPC with Texas Town
Schneider Electric signed a $5.7 million energy savings performance contract (ESPC) with the city of Clute, Texas. The implementation of a variety of retrofits to aging infrastructure are being financed through the ESPC, including lighting and water metering, as well as the installation of a new wastewater treatment plant. The project is expected to save Clute more than $300,000 in annual operational and energy costs as well as more than two million kWh annually.
Schneider Electric is working with the city to completely rebuild its wastewater treatment plant, including replacing the city’s water meter population and installing a new advanced metering infrastructure (AMI). The new wastewater treatment plant is projected to save the city 57 percent annually in energy costs attributed to the facility’s aeration system with blowers and piping that operate at the optimized air output to match the constantly changing demand at the plant instead of constantly running at full capacity.
Clute also requires significant interior and exterior lighting retrofits across all of its facilities, as well as upgrades to the city’s traffic signal lighting. These lighting upgrades will save the city more than 72 percent in annual energy costs.
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement