Schneider Wins $6.4 Million Net Zero Energy ESPC
The US General Services Administration has awarded Schneider Electric a $6.4 million Energy Savings Performance Contract for the Almeric Christian Federal Building in St. Croix, US Virgin Islands.
As part of GSA’s Deep Retrofit Challenge, this project will install energy efficiency improvements and renewable energy systems at the St. Croix site, making it one of the first federal buildings to achieve 100 percent net zero energy through an ESPC.
The ESPC for the three-story, 57,872 square foot Almeric Christian Federal Building guarantees a total of over $13 million in energy savings through a combination of energy efficiency improvements and renewable energy production, which will improve the entire building infrastructure without appropriated funds. Savings in the first year of the 19-year contract will amount to over $500,000.
As part of the contract, Schneider Electric is helping the GSA site in St. Croix manage challenges unique to the remote, tropical location, such as the high cost of electricity on the island. In addition to controlling rising utility costs, the performance contract will allow for remote reporting of sub-meter data, exposure of the building’s data to a third party analytics platform and the elimination of transformer flooding issues due to surface storm water. Specific energy conservation measures Schneider Electric is implementing include:
- Chilled water system upgrades (chiller replacements, pump replacements)
- Building Automation System upgrades, including optimization, sub-metering integration and modifications to comply with GSA’s Smart Buildings Design and Implementation Guidelines and to work with GSALink analytics platform. Smart Building Integration and Energy Dashboard
- Interior and exterior lighting improvements
- Air Handling Unit replacement
- Variable volume chilled water distribution
- Solar Photovoltaics
- Transformer replacement
Earlier this month Schneider Electric announced the availability of the Data Center Certified Associate certification program through its online Energy University. The DCCA certification program provides data center professionals with exposure to current and emerging industry trends and practices that improve their professional credentials and credibility.
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- Integrated Building Optimization
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement