Schneider Wins Contract with Las Vegas Arena
Schneider Electric has entered into a multi-year agreement to become the first Founding Partner of the new Las Vegas Arena currently under construction and owned by Las Vegas Arena Company partners AEG and MGM Resorts International. Schneider declined to disclose the value of its contract.
The comprehensive agreement calls for Schneider Electric to design, install and operate numerous technology-based systems throughout the venue. This includes lighting, the complete electrical infrastructure, metering (gas, water and power), HVAC, building security, power management and building automation. The intelligent design provided by Schneider Electric’s SmartStruxure will give arena systems the ability to monitor the status of components and environmental parameters to ensure correct functionality during all modes of operation. This will allow the venue to be one of the world’s most automated and energy efficient sporting and concert venues with anytime, anywhere access to collective information throughout the facility.
The privately funded, 20,000-seat, $375 million indoor arena is scheduled to open in spring 2016.
As an arena Founding Partner, Schneider Electric will receive a customized sponsorship package including permanent and digital signage within the arena and on the exterior façade, an interactive concourse display and customized business-to-business connections.
NRG Energy recently announced it is installing a solar pavilion on the east side of the AmericanAirlines Arena in Miami, and with its relationship, NRG also is becoming the official Alternative Energy Sponsor/Partner of the Miami HEAT and the 19,600-seat AmericanAirlines Arena.
Photo: Las Vegas via Shutterstock
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection