Schneider Wins Energy Upgrade Contract for 27 School Sites
Vista Unified School District became the third of San Diego County’s 42 school districts to have its Proposition 39 Energy Expenditure Plan approved by the California Energy Commission. Vista Unified School District will receive $4.7 million that will be used for a variety of energy efficiency retrofits including heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC) replacements, programmable thermostats, computer power management and LED exterior lighting and controls.
Schneider Electric will provide the energy upgrades for the project that will span 27 school sites. When fully implemented, these energy efficiency measures will deliver more than 2.3 million kWh in energy savings.
Schneider says obtaining Proposition 39 funds can be daunting in complexity, causing the Prop 39 opportunity to be underleveraged by California school districts.
For the 2013-14 school years, the California Department of Education has allocated a total of $29 million in Proposition 39 funds to San Diego’s 42 school districts and charter schools. Of that, $11 million has already been made available to school districts for planning expenditures, which include the hiring of energy managers and completion of facility audits. Statewide, the Energy Commission has received a total of 117 Proposition 39 Energy Expenditure Plans, of which Vista Unified School District becomes the 55th approved as of July 29.
- LG Electronics: Enhancing customer Experience through Sustainability
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- The Sustainable Edge™
- Dawn of the Building Performance Era
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex