Schneider’s UPS Earns Energy Star
Schneider Electric’s three-phase uninterruptible power supply (UPS) for data center applications – the Symmetra PX 250/500 kW – has achieved Energy Star qualification.
With the latest firmware update, the UPS now supports ECO mode delivering 99 percent efficiency levels, synchronization to an external AC source, a Mega Tie option and a remote display application. The firmware update is available on all Symmetra PX 250/500 kW units without requiring data center operators to invest in new hardware.
The Symmetra PX 250/500 kW UPS is designed to make installation, future expansion and serviceability faster and easier, offering a hot-scalable system consisting of dedicated and redundant modules. Each system is scalable in 25 kW increments up to 500 kW, with the ability to run up to four systems in parallel to provide 2 MW of redundant power protection.
Capable of greater than 96 percent efficiency down to 50 percent load levels and greater than 95 percent efficiency at 25 percent load levels while in on-line double conversion mode, the Symmetra PX 250/500 kW achieved operational efficiency in the top 25 percent of the market and passed the Energy Star program’s third-party testing requirements.
ECO mode performance was not required to achieve the Energy Star qualification. However, the firmware update now supports ECO mode, allowing the solution to bypass unused electrical components in good power conditions to achieve even higher operating efficiency without sacrificing protection.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- LED Myths and Facts
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- The Value of Integrating Health, Safety and Environment Processes with Enterprise Asset Management
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Smarter Asset Management for the Nuclear Power Imperative
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing