Schneider’s UPS Earns Energy Star
Schneider Electric’s three-phase uninterruptible power supply (UPS) for data center applications – the Symmetra PX 250/500 kW – has achieved Energy Star qualification.
With the latest firmware update, the UPS now supports ECO mode delivering 99 percent efficiency levels, synchronization to an external AC source, a Mega Tie option and a remote display application. The firmware update is available on all Symmetra PX 250/500 kW units without requiring data center operators to invest in new hardware.
The Symmetra PX 250/500 kW UPS is designed to make installation, future expansion and serviceability faster and easier, offering a hot-scalable system consisting of dedicated and redundant modules. Each system is scalable in 25 kW increments up to 500 kW, with the ability to run up to four systems in parallel to provide 2 MW of redundant power protection.
Capable of greater than 96 percent efficiency down to 50 percent load levels and greater than 95 percent efficiency at 25 percent load levels while in on-line double conversion mode, the Symmetra PX 250/500 kW achieved operational efficiency in the top 25 percent of the market and passed the Energy Star program’s third-party testing requirements.
ECO mode performance was not required to achieve the Energy Star qualification. However, the firmware update now supports ECO mode, allowing the solution to bypass unused electrical components in good power conditions to achieve even higher operating efficiency without sacrificing protection.
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Johnson & Johnson: Innovating in Business by Making Sustainability Personal
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity
- Dawn of the Building Performance Era
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide