School District Installs 8.4 MW of Solar At 28 Campuses
SunEdison has signed a 20-year power purchase agreement (PPA) with the Rialto Unified School District in California for 8.4 MW of solar power. As part of the agreement, SunEdison will install solar canopies above the parking lots of all 28 schools in the district.
The school district expects the solar systems to generate a 20 percent savings on its electricity bill, which equates to $1 million saved in the first year alone.
The canopy mounted solar systems are expected to be completed in the second half of 2016. The solar systems are on the Call Right Projects List for TerraForm Power, an owner and operator of clean energy power plants. TerraForm Power anticipates acquiring these projects once complete.
Operation and maintenance of these solar power plants will be performed by SunEdison Services.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Planning for a Sustainable Future