School District Installs Solar+Energy Storage
Burton School District in Tulare County, Calif., will install a combined solar and energy storage system from SolarCity.
The district will use solar along with SolarCity’s DemandLogic energy storage system for businesses for eight schools – the largest combined solar and energy storage installation SolarCity has undertaken to date. DemandLogic will allow the district schools to reduce energy costs by using stored electricity to lower peak demand.
The solar installations will total more than 1.4 MW, with storage providing an additional 360 kW. The new solar systems are expected to save the district more than $1 million over the life of the contracts, and the DemandLogic battery storage systems could save thousands more on demand charges each year.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection