School Integrates Facility, Building Automation Systems
Lincoln Nebraska’s public school system is targeting a 5 percent reduction in electrical usage by integrating its building automation system (BAS) with its facilities management system from Archibus.
By integrating the online Archibus Reservations application for scheduling and tracking room use with the Tridium Niagara BAS system, the school system’s facilities management team can track which of its many rooms are being used during the day, or by school or community groups at night, and shut down HVAC and lighting systems when rooms are vacant.
The district comprises 64 facilities and over seven million square feet of space under management. Prior to Archibus’ online system, the school originally had a paper-based reservations system in which people would fill out a form to schedule the use of a school space: then a facility manager would determine what HVAC systems needed to be turned on in the buildings.
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Combined Heat and Power