School Integrates Facility, Building Automation Systems
Lincoln Nebraska’s public school system is targeting a 5 percent reduction in electrical usage by integrating its building automation system (BAS) with its facilities management system from Archibus.
By integrating the online Archibus Reservations application for scheduling and tracking room use with the Tridium Niagara BAS system, the school system’s facilities management team can track which of its many rooms are being used during the day, or by school or community groups at night, and shut down HVAC and lighting systems when rooms are vacant.
The district comprises 64 facilities and over seven million square feet of space under management. Prior to Archibus’ online system, the school originally had a paper-based reservations system in which people would fill out a form to schedule the use of a school space: then a facility manager would determine what HVAC systems needed to be turned on in the buildings.
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- There’s Money in the Trash
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book