School Integrates Facility, Building Automation Systems
Lincoln Nebraska’s public school system is targeting a 5 percent reduction in electrical usage by integrating its building automation system (BAS) with its facilities management system from Archibus.
By integrating the online Archibus Reservations application for scheduling and tracking room use with the Tridium Niagara BAS system, the school system’s facilities management team can track which of its many rooms are being used during the day, or by school or community groups at night, and shut down HVAC and lighting systems when rooms are vacant.
The district comprises 64 facilities and over seven million square feet of space under management. Prior to Archibus’ online system, the school originally had a paper-based reservations system in which people would fill out a form to schedule the use of a school space: then a facility manager would determine what HVAC systems needed to be turned on in the buildings.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Combined Heat and Power
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management