School Integrates Facility, Building Automation Systems
Lincoln Nebraska’s public school system is targeting a 5 percent reduction in electrical usage by integrating its building automation system (BAS) with its facilities management system from Archibus.
By integrating the online Archibus Reservations application for scheduling and tracking room use with the Tridium Niagara BAS system, the school system’s facilities management team can track which of its many rooms are being used during the day, or by school or community groups at night, and shut down HVAC and lighting systems when rooms are vacant.
The district comprises 64 facilities and over seven million square feet of space under management. Prior to Archibus’ online system, the school originally had a paper-based reservations system in which people would fill out a form to schedule the use of a school space: then a facility manager would determine what HVAC systems needed to be turned on in the buildings.
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?