School Receives $329,000 in Energy Upgrade Grants
Lake Washington Institute of Technology (LWTech) partnered with McKinstry to secure $296,630 in grant money through the Washington State Energy Efficiency Grant Program. The program, administered by the Washington State Department of Commerce, allows institutions such as LWTech to perform facility upgrades that help reduce energy usage on its campus.
Puget Sound Energy also awarded LWTech a $32,414 utility grant to aid the college in its investment in campus energy efficiency projects.
Facility upgrades funded by the grants include the following:
- Exterior campus lighting upgrades to LED lighting
- Campus electric sub metering per building
- Campus control system commissioning
LWTech is expected to see $22,240 in annual energy savings from these facility improvements and will save an estimated $1,799 in annual operational and maintenance costs.
Approved by the Washington State Legislature, the Washington State Energy Efficiency Grant Program allocated $32 million to competitive grant programs to fund energy and operational cost saving improvements in public buildings across the state.
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management