School Receives $329,000 in Energy Upgrade Grants
Lake Washington Institute of Technology (LWTech) partnered with McKinstry to secure $296,630 in grant money through the Washington State Energy Efficiency Grant Program. The program, administered by the Washington State Department of Commerce, allows institutions such as LWTech to perform facility upgrades that help reduce energy usage on its campus.
Puget Sound Energy also awarded LWTech a $32,414 utility grant to aid the college in its investment in campus energy efficiency projects.
Facility upgrades funded by the grants include the following:
- Exterior campus lighting upgrades to LED lighting
- Campus electric sub metering per building
- Campus control system commissioning
LWTech is expected to see $22,240 in annual energy savings from these facility improvements and will save an estimated $1,799 in annual operational and maintenance costs.
Approved by the Washington State Legislature, the Washington State Energy Efficiency Grant Program allocated $32 million to competitive grant programs to fund energy and operational cost saving improvements in public buildings across the state.
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement