School Receives $329,000 in Energy Upgrade Grants
Lake Washington Institute of Technology (LWTech) partnered with McKinstry to secure $296,630 in grant money through the Washington State Energy Efficiency Grant Program. The program, administered by the Washington State Department of Commerce, allows institutions such as LWTech to perform facility upgrades that help reduce energy usage on its campus.
Puget Sound Energy also awarded LWTech a $32,414 utility grant to aid the college in its investment in campus energy efficiency projects.
Facility upgrades funded by the grants include the following:
- Exterior campus lighting upgrades to LED lighting
- Campus electric sub metering per building
- Campus control system commissioning
LWTech is expected to see $22,240 in annual energy savings from these facility improvements and will save an estimated $1,799 in annual operational and maintenance costs.
Approved by the Washington State Legislature, the Washington State Energy Efficiency Grant Program allocated $32 million to competitive grant programs to fund energy and operational cost saving improvements in public buildings across the state.
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement