Schools: McKinstry Retrofits Missouri Schools, Stouch Updates Neumann University
The Advance School District in Advance, Mo., hired McKinstry for a series of energy-efficiency upgrades across all schools in the district. McKinstry helped the district secure funding for the project through the Missouri Department of Natural Resources for a lighting retrofit that is expected to save the district nearly $13,000 a year on its utility bill. Lighting levels in each area were determined based on the optimal brightness students need while at their desks. Lights were replaced in all classrooms, the library, hallways, the gymnasium and the exterior. The lighting retrofit gives the school district a 20 percent cost savings on electricity each year. Optimized light sensors were installed to assist with managing costs by turning on lights when sensors are activated. The new updates are expected to generate an eight-year, simple-energy payback with the energy savings offsetting the cost of the project.
Stouch Lighting completed a campus-wide exterior LED lighting retrofit project for Neumann University, in Aston, Penn., which is projected to reduce the University’s annual energy costs by 63 percent, cutting its energy bill by more than $22,000 annually. In addition, because of an LED fixture’s longer-rated life, the University will be saving another estimated $22,000 annually in maintenance costs. The energy and maintenance savings will see a return on investment of six years or less. Included in the retrofit was the replacement of the existing exterior lighting on both the East Campus and the West Campus involving all parking lot areas, walk pathways and exterior building-related lighting such as flood lights and wall packs.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- There’s Money in the Trash