Schools: McKinstry Retrofits Missouri Schools, Stouch Updates Neumann University
The Advance School District in Advance, Mo., hired McKinstry for a series of energy-efficiency upgrades across all schools in the district. McKinstry helped the district secure funding for the project through the Missouri Department of Natural Resources for a lighting retrofit that is expected to save the district nearly $13,000 a year on its utility bill. Lighting levels in each area were determined based on the optimal brightness students need while at their desks. Lights were replaced in all classrooms, the library, hallways, the gymnasium and the exterior. The lighting retrofit gives the school district a 20 percent cost savings on electricity each year. Optimized light sensors were installed to assist with managing costs by turning on lights when sensors are activated. The new updates are expected to generate an eight-year, simple-energy payback with the energy savings offsetting the cost of the project.
Stouch Lighting completed a campus-wide exterior LED lighting retrofit project for Neumann University, in Aston, Penn., which is projected to reduce the University’s annual energy costs by 63 percent, cutting its energy bill by more than $22,000 annually. In addition, because of an LED fixture’s longer-rated life, the University will be saving another estimated $22,000 annually in maintenance costs. The energy and maintenance savings will see a return on investment of six years or less. Included in the retrofit was the replacement of the existing exterior lighting on both the East Campus and the West Campus involving all parking lot areas, walk pathways and exterior building-related lighting such as flood lights and wall packs.
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- 2015 Insider Knowledge