Schools: Missouri State Installs Green Kiosk, Willdan Oversees Energy Efficiency Program for Schools
Missouri State University launched Green Kiosk – a website for students and faculty to see how much energy is being used on campus, reports Ozarks First. The Greek Kiosk, which cost about $60,000, provides a link between the energy management team for the campus and the rest of the campus community. The energy managers hope that when students see how much energy they are using, they will adapt their behavior to save energy.
Southern California Edison Company (SCE) has contracted Willdan Energy Solutions to help reduce public and private school energy use. Under SCE’s Schools Energy Efficiency Program (SEEP), with an initial budget of $4 million, Willdan will conduct site walk-through audits to identify energy-saving opportunities, consult with school clients to select solutions, oversee installations, and assist with incentive paperwork.
Willdan will assist with a wide variety of retrofits for fluorescent lamps, ballasts and high-bay lighting. In addition, where appropriate, Willdan will install LED lamps, lighting occupancy sensors, and other energy-saving measures. Willdan will administer the SEEP through December 2014, providing official program services. Willdan will also provide assistance in utilizing additional energy efficiency programs and rebate incentives to help schools leverage available funding.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Support Lean Manufacturing Principles with IBM Maximo Asset Management
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing