Schools: Missouri State Installs Green Kiosk, Willdan Oversees Energy Efficiency Program for Schools
Missouri State University launched Green Kiosk – a website for students and faculty to see how much energy is being used on campus, reports Ozarks First. The Greek Kiosk, which cost about $60,000, provides a link between the energy management team for the campus and the rest of the campus community. The energy managers hope that when students see how much energy they are using, they will adapt their behavior to save energy.
Southern California Edison Company (SCE) has contracted Willdan Energy Solutions to help reduce public and private school energy use. Under SCE’s Schools Energy Efficiency Program (SEEP), with an initial budget of $4 million, Willdan will conduct site walk-through audits to identify energy-saving opportunities, consult with school clients to select solutions, oversee installations, and assist with incentive paperwork.
Willdan will assist with a wide variety of retrofits for fluorescent lamps, ballasts and high-bay lighting. In addition, where appropriate, Willdan will install LED lamps, lighting occupancy sensors, and other energy-saving measures. Willdan will administer the SEEP through December 2014, providing official program services. Willdan will also provide assistance in utilizing additional energy efficiency programs and rebate incentives to help schools leverage available funding.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year