Schools: Missouri State Installs Green Kiosk, Willdan Oversees Energy Efficiency Program for Schools
Missouri State University launched Green Kiosk – a website for students and faculty to see how much energy is being used on campus, reports Ozarks First. The Greek Kiosk, which cost about $60,000, provides a link between the energy management team for the campus and the rest of the campus community. The energy managers hope that when students see how much energy they are using, they will adapt their behavior to save energy.
Southern California Edison Company (SCE) has contracted Willdan Energy Solutions to help reduce public and private school energy use. Under SCE’s Schools Energy Efficiency Program (SEEP), with an initial budget of $4 million, Willdan will conduct site walk-through audits to identify energy-saving opportunities, consult with school clients to select solutions, oversee installations, and assist with incentive paperwork.
Willdan will assist with a wide variety of retrofits for fluorescent lamps, ballasts and high-bay lighting. In addition, where appropriate, Willdan will install LED lamps, lighting occupancy sensors, and other energy-saving measures. Willdan will administer the SEEP through December 2014, providing official program services. Willdan will also provide assistance in utilizing additional energy efficiency programs and rebate incentives to help schools leverage available funding.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Descriptive, Predictive, Prescriptive: Transforming Asset and Facilities Management with Analytics
- Complex Manufacturing Assets Require Integrated Management
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts