Schools: Missouri State Installs Green Kiosk, Willdan Oversees Energy Efficiency Program for Schools
Missouri State University launched Green Kiosk – a website for students and faculty to see how much energy is being used on campus, reports Ozarks First. The Greek Kiosk, which cost about $60,000, provides a link between the energy management team for the campus and the rest of the campus community. The energy managers hope that when students see how much energy they are using, they will adapt their behavior to save energy.
Southern California Edison Company (SCE) has contracted Willdan Energy Solutions to help reduce public and private school energy use. Under SCE’s Schools Energy Efficiency Program (SEEP), with an initial budget of $4 million, Willdan will conduct site walk-through audits to identify energy-saving opportunities, consult with school clients to select solutions, oversee installations, and assist with incentive paperwork.
Willdan will assist with a wide variety of retrofits for fluorescent lamps, ballasts and high-bay lighting. In addition, where appropriate, Willdan will install LED lamps, lighting occupancy sensors, and other energy-saving measures. Willdan will administer the SEEP through December 2014, providing official program services. Willdan will also provide assistance in utilizing additional energy efficiency programs and rebate incentives to help schools leverage available funding.
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Integrated Building Optimization
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement