Schools: Missouri State Installs Green Kiosk, Willdan Oversees Energy Efficiency Program for Schools
Missouri State University launched Green Kiosk – a website for students and faculty to see how much energy is being used on campus, reports Ozarks First. The Greek Kiosk, which cost about $60,000, provides a link between the energy management team for the campus and the rest of the campus community. The energy managers hope that when students see how much energy they are using, they will adapt their behavior to save energy.
Southern California Edison Company (SCE) has contracted Willdan Energy Solutions to help reduce public and private school energy use. Under SCE’s Schools Energy Efficiency Program (SEEP), with an initial budget of $4 million, Willdan will conduct site walk-through audits to identify energy-saving opportunities, consult with school clients to select solutions, oversee installations, and assist with incentive paperwork.
Willdan will assist with a wide variety of retrofits for fluorescent lamps, ballasts and high-bay lighting. In addition, where appropriate, Willdan will install LED lamps, lighting occupancy sensors, and other energy-saving measures. Willdan will administer the SEEP through December 2014, providing official program services. Willdan will also provide assistance in utilizing additional energy efficiency programs and rebate incentives to help schools leverage available funding.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Energy Financing Report
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Combined Heat and Power
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management