SCS Provides LEDs to AZ Stores in Arizona
SCS Energy Solutions Corporation’s lighting division has replaced fluorescent and HID interior and exterior lighting with solar state LEDs at 25 locations of the AZ convenience store/gas station chain. SCS also provided a more efficient approach for lighting of beverage and freezer coolers and merchandise displays, according to the company.
The press release says that significant efficiency and cost gains will be made. The legacy equipment used 1,703,819 kWh per year with a cost of $260,069. The upgrade will reduce usage to 472,813 kWh per year and cut costs to $59,101. That represents a 77 percent reduction in costs for the chain.
The next step in the evolution of lighting is the move to smart LEDs.
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy