SCS Provides LEDs to AZ Stores in Arizona
SCS Energy Solutions Corporation’s lighting division has replaced fluorescent and HID interior and exterior lighting with solar state LEDs at 25 locations of the AZ convenience store/gas station chain. SCS also provided a more efficient approach for lighting of beverage and freezer coolers and merchandise displays, according to the company.
The press release says that significant efficiency and cost gains will be made. The legacy equipment used 1,703,819 kWh per year with a cost of $260,069. The upgrade will reduce usage to 472,813 kWh per year and cut costs to $59,101. That represents a 77 percent reduction in costs for the chain.
The next step in the evolution of lighting is the move to smart LEDs.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- There’s Money in the Trash
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management