SCS Provides LEDs to AZ Stores in Arizona
SCS Energy Solutions Corporation’s lighting division has replaced fluorescent and HID interior and exterior lighting with solar state LEDs at 25 locations of the AZ convenience store/gas station chain. SCS also provided a more efficient approach for lighting of beverage and freezer coolers and merchandise displays, according to the company.
The press release says that significant efficiency and cost gains will be made. The legacy equipment used 1,703,819 kWh per year with a cost of $260,069. The upgrade will reduce usage to 472,813 kWh per year and cut costs to $59,101. That represents a 77 percent reduction in costs for the chain.
The next step in the evolution of lighting is the move to smart LEDs.
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management