SCTE, ISBE Join Villanova’s RISE Forum
The Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE) and its global arm – the International Society of Broadband Experts (ISBE) said today that they are joining Villanova University’s Resilient Innovation through Sustainable Engineering Forum (RISE).
RISE, the press release says, aims to advance sustainable enterprises. It says that that mission aligns with the SCTE/ISBE Energy 2020 program, which is geared toward enabling cable operators to manage power, density and performance growth in its facilities. Energy 2020 aims to enable the industry to avoid $1 billion in spending through the end of the decade, according to the release. RISE is the industry consortium for Villanova’s College of Engineering’s graduate program in sustainable engineering.
In a podcast interview, former SCTE Chief Technology Officer Daniel Howard discussed the energy challenges facing telecommunications companies. Howard now is the Director of Consulting Services for the Energy Solutions Group of Hitachi Consulting.
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection