SCTE, ISBE Join Villanova’s RISE Forum
The Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE) and its global arm – the International Society of Broadband Experts (ISBE) said today that they are joining Villanova University’s Resilient Innovation through Sustainable Engineering Forum (RISE).
RISE, the press release says, aims to advance sustainable enterprises. It says that that mission aligns with the SCTE/ISBE Energy 2020 program, which is geared toward enabling cable operators to manage power, density and performance growth in its facilities. Energy 2020 aims to enable the industry to avoid $1 billion in spending through the end of the decade, according to the release. RISE is the industry consortium for Villanova’s College of Engineering’s graduate program in sustainable engineering.
In a podcast interview, former SCTE Chief Technology Officer Daniel Howard discussed the energy challenges facing telecommunications companies. Howard now is the Director of Consulting Services for the Energy Solutions Group of Hitachi Consulting.
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy