SCTE, ISBE Join Villanova’s RISE Forum
The Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE) and its global arm – the International Society of Broadband Experts (ISBE) said today that they are joining Villanova University’s Resilient Innovation through Sustainable Engineering Forum (RISE).
RISE, the press release says, aims to advance sustainable enterprises. It says that that mission aligns with the SCTE/ISBE Energy 2020 program, which is geared toward enabling cable operators to manage power, density and performance growth in its facilities. Energy 2020 aims to enable the industry to avoid $1 billion in spending through the end of the decade, according to the release. RISE is the industry consortium for Villanova’s College of Engineering’s graduate program in sustainable engineering.
In a podcast interview, former SCTE Chief Technology Officer Daniel Howard discussed the energy challenges facing telecommunications companies. Howard now is the Director of Consulting Services for the Energy Solutions Group of Hitachi Consulting.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Planning for a Sustainable Future