Seattle 2030 District Chooses Switch Automation Monitoring
The Seattle 2030 District has selected Switch Automation to provide a cloud-based data acquisition and monitoring platform for more than 120 buildings.
Switch Automation is an Australian-based company, and this project is the first adoption of Switch’s technology in the US, said green building consultant Jerry Yudelson, speaking on behalf of the company. Unico, a property owner in Seattle, will be the first to use the technology at two of its office buildings, he added.
Brian Geller, executive director of the Seattle 2030 District said, “We do have four property owners and managers representing approximately eight buildings signing up to use Switch’s service.”
The Switch Automation selection is part of a partnership with Microsoft and the City of Seattle’s Office of Economic Development. And the building monitoring collaboration is part of the larger Seattle 2030 District’s Smart Buildings Pilot Program, including increasing awareness among building owners about the availability and the potential for near real-time energy data.
Switch Automation can provide Seattle 2030 District building owners with 15-minute-interval data, based on the Microsoft Azure platform.
The Seattle 2030 District is focusing on existing medium-to-large sized buildings that will develop specific opportunities for energy demand reductions. Participation in Seattle’s 2030 District is voluntary, and members receive the benefit of a roadmap to own, manage, and develop energy efficient buildings.
Seattle also has mandatory energy benchmarking where building owners must track usage through the US EPA’s Portfolio Manager.
Photo credit: Bryce_edwards Flickr photostream
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds