SEEA Finds a 387% ROI from Energy Efficiency Programs
Cadmus Group evaluated the economic performance of the Southeast Energy Efficiency Alliance’s 16-city, DOE-funded energy efficiency retrofit consortium from 2010 to 2013 and found that every $1 million invested in energy efficiency programs in the region generated $3.87 million in economic output, together with 17.28 new jobs, according to the report The Economic Impact of Energy Efficiency Investments in the Southeast.
Over the course of three years, SEEA-administered programs in 16 participating cities achieved these economic results by completing more than 10,000 building energy audits and 6,000 home and commercial building retrofits.
The SEEA program consortium, which was seeded by $20.2 million of funding from the Department of Energy Better Buildings Neighborhood Program (BBNP), ranked sixth among 41 BBNP programs nationwide based on the number of retrofits completed. Participant cities included Arlington, Va.; Atlanta, Ga.; Birmingham, Ala.; Blacksburg/Roanoke, Va.; Carrboro, N.C; Chapel Hill, N.C; Charleston, S.C.; Charlotte, N.C. Charlottesville, Va.; Decatur, Ga.; Hampton Roads, Va.; Huntsville, Ala.; Jacksonville, Fla.; Nashville, Tenn.; New Orleans, La.; and Richmond, Va.
The Cadmus Group compared the effects of program-related spending (DOE’s investment of $20.2M in the Southeast) on the economy to a hypothetical baseline in which these energy efficiency programs would not have existed. It then calculated the net impacts of SEEA’s energy efficiency programs on the economy of the Southeast, and on the economies of states with participating programs.
- LG Electronics: Enhancing customer Experience through Sustainability
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- The Sustainable Edge™
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement