Self-Powered Gas Boiler Can Heat During Outages
GMZ Energy says it has demonstrated a self-powered gas boiler. When disconnected from all external power sources, the boiler continued to operate without interruption because it incorporated GMZ’s TG 16-1.0 thermoelectric module that converts a portion of the boiler’s internal heat directly into electricity.
The TG 16-1.0 fully powers all of the boiler’s components, including the controller, fan and circulator pump. This means the boiler can operate indefinitely without grid power, making it useful for extended power outages.
GMZ says its thermoelectric modules are critical in high-temperature applications, such as boilers, where temperatures reach 1,200 degrees Celsius.
GMZ conducted its self-powered boiler test in partnership with a boiler manufacturer to demonstrate the commercial viability of high-temperature thermoelectric generation technology.
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year