Seminole County Sports Complex Moves to LEDs
Musco Sports Lighting is providing its Light-Structure Green LED system to the Seminole County Sports Complex in Sanford, FL.
The facility encompasses 15 fields. It is near the Orlando-Sanford International Airport and a residential neighborhood, so a premium is on direct light to avoid glare, spill or disruptive “skyglow” that could distract pilots, according to the press release.
The system is expected to save $1.114,000 during the next decade by cutting energy consumption by 64 percent compared to 1,500 Watt metal halide lights. The company says that the lights are highly reliable, come with a 10-year parts and labor warranty and are remotely controlled.
Last month, The San Diego Union-Tribune reported on significant energy savings at Petco Park. The venue has reduced water and energy used for lighting by 40 percent compared to a typical year, according to the paper.
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2015 Insider Knowledge