Sempra Energy Snags Top Award for Renewable Energy Production
Sempra US Gas & Power has more than 1,500 megawatts of solar and wind generation in operation and another 308 MW under construction, milestones that helped the company earn the Industry Leadership – Electricity Generation award at the 2014 Platts Global Energy Awards in December.
Sempra US Gas & Power has natural gas and renewable energy-powered power plants that generate enough electricity for more than 1 million homes. The company also operates natural gas storage facilities, pipeline and distribution facilities.
Sempra Energy, the parent company of Sempra US Gas & Power, was ranked fourth in both renewable energy sales and cumulative annual energy efficiency savings in a report released in July 2014 by Ceres and Clean Edge. More than 16 percent of Sempra’s retail electric sales, based on 2012 figures, were renewable. The company’s cumulative annual energy efficiency savings equivalent was 12.54 percent of their annual retail electric sales in 2012.
The report “Benchmarking Utility Clean Energy Deployment” assembled data from more than 10 sources and ranked 32 of the largest US investor-owned electric utility holding companies on three clean energy indicators.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds