Servidyne Considers Energy Efficiency a ‘Fifth Fuel’
Efficiency is an energy resource, a “fifth fuel” in addition to the four typical energy sources of coal, petroleum, nuclear, and alternative energy, according to Servidyne Systems, a building optimization company.
Servidyne has created a new product – Active Fifth Fuel Management – a program that captures this resource for building portfolios, maximizing energy efficiency while optimizing return on investment through the building lifecycle.
Active Fifth Fuel Management applies a continuous improvement process to the energy performance of a building portfolio. Servidyne experts guide customers through the process, beginning with a strategic plan and then setting priorities, assessing opportunities, and implementing improvements, while measuring and monitoring results along the way. This program leads Servidyne customers through a continual process to maximize the energy efficiency and sustainability of their portfolio of buildings.
The backbone of Active Fifth Fuel Management is a credentialed team of energy and building experts that focus on the entire lifecycle of each building, providing ongoing commissioning. Servidyne’s Active Fifth Fuel Management is a customized program designed by first listening to customers and then tailoring the solution based on their needs, deploying the right combination of people and technology.
Servidyne isn’t the only company recognizing energy efficiency as a potential asset. Joule Assets wants to create financial markets for energy reduction. According to the company, when an energy consumer earns money from contracting for demand response, installing storage or distributed renewable generation, or upgrading a facility to become more energy efficient, that consumer has created an Energy Reduction Asset (ERA).
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- LED Myths and Facts
- Descriptive, Predictive, Prescriptive: Transforming Asset and Facilities Management with Analytics
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room