Servidyne Considers Energy Efficiency a ‘Fifth Fuel’
Efficiency is an energy resource, a “fifth fuel” in addition to the four typical energy sources of coal, petroleum, nuclear, and alternative energy, according to Servidyne Systems, a building optimization company.
Servidyne has created a new product – Active Fifth Fuel Management – a program that captures this resource for building portfolios, maximizing energy efficiency while optimizing return on investment through the building lifecycle.
Active Fifth Fuel Management applies a continuous improvement process to the energy performance of a building portfolio. Servidyne experts guide customers through the process, beginning with a strategic plan and then setting priorities, assessing opportunities, and implementing improvements, while measuring and monitoring results along the way. This program leads Servidyne customers through a continual process to maximize the energy efficiency and sustainability of their portfolio of buildings.
The backbone of Active Fifth Fuel Management is a credentialed team of energy and building experts that focus on the entire lifecycle of each building, providing ongoing commissioning. Servidyne’s Active Fifth Fuel Management is a customized program designed by first listening to customers and then tailoring the solution based on their needs, deploying the right combination of people and technology.
Servidyne isn’t the only company recognizing energy efficiency as a potential asset. Joule Assets wants to create financial markets for energy reduction. According to the company, when an energy consumer earns money from contracting for demand response, installing storage or distributed renewable generation, or upgrading a facility to become more energy efficient, that consumer has created an Energy Reduction Asset (ERA).
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software