Servidyne Considers Energy Efficiency a ‘Fifth Fuel’
Efficiency is an energy resource, a “fifth fuel” in addition to the four typical energy sources of coal, petroleum, nuclear, and alternative energy, according to Servidyne Systems, a building optimization company.
Servidyne has created a new product – Active Fifth Fuel Management – a program that captures this resource for building portfolios, maximizing energy efficiency while optimizing return on investment through the building lifecycle.
Active Fifth Fuel Management applies a continuous improvement process to the energy performance of a building portfolio. Servidyne experts guide customers through the process, beginning with a strategic plan and then setting priorities, assessing opportunities, and implementing improvements, while measuring and monitoring results along the way. This program leads Servidyne customers through a continual process to maximize the energy efficiency and sustainability of their portfolio of buildings.
The backbone of Active Fifth Fuel Management is a credentialed team of energy and building experts that focus on the entire lifecycle of each building, providing ongoing commissioning. Servidyne’s Active Fifth Fuel Management is a customized program designed by first listening to customers and then tailoring the solution based on their needs, deploying the right combination of people and technology.
Servidyne isn’t the only company recognizing energy efficiency as a potential asset. Joule Assets wants to create financial markets for energy reduction. According to the company, when an energy consumer earns money from contracting for demand response, installing storage or distributed renewable generation, or upgrading a facility to become more energy efficient, that consumer has created an Energy Reduction Asset (ERA).
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- It's Time for Today's EHS and Sustainability Professionals to Embrace Big Data
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- There’s Money in the Trash