Seven Organizations Join Demand Response Group
Baltimore Gas & Electric, CPower, Tetra Tech, General Microgrids, Innovari, OhmConnect, and DVI have joined the Association for Demand Response & Smart Grid (ADS), the national demand response (DR) and smart grid organization. ADS is a non-profit organization based in Washington, DC, that focuses on development and exchange of information among policymakers, utilities, technology companies and other stakeholders. Members include companies and organizations, as well as individuals who consider themselves DR and smart grid professionals.
Baltimore Gas & Electric (BGE) has implemented a number of demand response programs in its territory. A subsidiary of Exelon, BGE serves over 1.2 million customers.
CPower was established in late 2014 as the result of a merger of the commercial and industrial and demand response businesses of Constellation and Comverge.
Tetra Tech provides energy, environment and infrastructure consulting services on many DR and smart grid projects.
General Microgrids (GMI) is advancing “smart microgrid systems” as part of evolving an Integrated Smart Grid that recognizes the value of distributed and demand-side resources. These microgrids can serve as integrative agents between the bulk power system and distributed resources. GMI will be heading up ADS’ new Microgrids Committee.
Innovari provides a platform that connects utilities, their customers and their communities. The company enables dynamic, two-way, verifiable demand side management; grid system optimization; and renewable and distributed energy resources integration.
OhmConnect customers participate in weekly DR events through behavioral programs and software-based automation tools.
DVI provides grid optimization solutions that are designed to address many smart grid applications covering the areas of energy efficiency, demand response, Volt/Var control and renewables integration.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws