Shaheen-Portman Rises Again
A new version of the Energy Savings and Industrial Competitiveness Act was introduced Thursday by Sens. Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH) and Rob Portman (R-Ohio).
The latest version of the Shaheen-Portman bill includes a requirement for the Office of Management and Budget to collaborate with federal agencies to promote energy efficiency in data centers.
The new bill also would establish a voluntary Tenant Star certification and recognition program to promote energy efficiency in leased commercial building space during design and occupancy.
The bill is rumored to have enough bipartisan votes for passage. But it’s unclear whether the procedural war that has hamstrung congress will hamper this one again. Shaheen-Portman last stalled out in September, 2013 when Republicans pushed for unrelated amendments to the bill. It’s unlikely the latest version will be voted on before the Senate’s next scheduled recess in mid-March.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Enterprise Internet Of Things: What Is It, and How Will It Improve Energy Management?
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide