Shaheen-Portman Rises Again
A new version of the Energy Savings and Industrial Competitiveness Act was introduced Thursday by Sens. Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH) and Rob Portman (R-Ohio).
The latest version of the Shaheen-Portman bill includes a requirement for the Office of Management and Budget to collaborate with federal agencies to promote energy efficiency in data centers.
The new bill also would establish a voluntary Tenant Star certification and recognition program to promote energy efficiency in leased commercial building space during design and occupancy.
The bill is rumored to have enough bipartisan votes for passage. But it’s unclear whether the procedural war that has hamstrung congress will hamper this one again. Shaheen-Portman last stalled out in September, 2013 when Republicans pushed for unrelated amendments to the bill. It’s unlikely the latest version will be voted on before the Senate’s next scheduled recess in mid-March.
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity