Shaheen-Portman Rises Again
A new version of the Energy Savings and Industrial Competitiveness Act was introduced Thursday by Sens. Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH) and Rob Portman (R-Ohio).
The latest version of the Shaheen-Portman bill includes a requirement for the Office of Management and Budget to collaborate with federal agencies to promote energy efficiency in data centers.
The new bill also would establish a voluntary Tenant Star certification and recognition program to promote energy efficiency in leased commercial building space during design and occupancy.
The bill is rumored to have enough bipartisan votes for passage. But it’s unclear whether the procedural war that has hamstrung congress will hamper this one again. Shaheen-Portman last stalled out in September, 2013 when Republicans pushed for unrelated amendments to the bill. It’s unlikely the latest version will be voted on before the Senate’s next scheduled recess in mid-March.
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year