Shaheen-Portman Rises Again
A new version of the Energy Savings and Industrial Competitiveness Act was introduced Thursday by Sens. Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH) and Rob Portman (R-Ohio).
The latest version of the Shaheen-Portman bill includes a requirement for the Office of Management and Budget to collaborate with federal agencies to promote energy efficiency in data centers.
The new bill also would establish a voluntary Tenant Star certification and recognition program to promote energy efficiency in leased commercial building space during design and occupancy.
The bill is rumored to have enough bipartisan votes for passage. But it’s unclear whether the procedural war that has hamstrung congress will hamper this one again. Shaheen-Portman last stalled out in September, 2013 when Republicans pushed for unrelated amendments to the bill. It’s unlikely the latest version will be voted on before the Senate’s next scheduled recess in mid-March.
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement