Shari’s, CKE Restaurants, California Pizza Kitchen Use Ecova
Several chain restaurants are using Ecova’s energy management products to identify and reduce utility costs.
Ecova’s energy management solutions include Utility Expense & Data Management, Energy Supply Management and Sustainability Management.
Ecova’s approach has resulted in financial savings for these clients:
Shari’s, a full-service restaurant chain based in the Pacific Northwest, has saved more than $700,000 in utility costs since enlisting Ecova’s energy audit services for its 100 locations. Different billing cycles and rate structures across locations made it difficult to approximate how and where to reduce consumption. Ecova was able to create measurable results, which eliminated variable data in order to isolate and compare energy consumption and more accurately plan for future expenditures.
CKE Restaurants, which owns Hardees and Carl’s Jr., wanted to reduce its large utility costs when it partnered with Ecova in 2004. With 3,200 locations nationally, it was difficult for the company to identify and efficiently manage energy consumption and cost. Ecova was able to detect the most efficient and highest consuming energy locations, and identify ways to get individual restaurants to improve their performance. This has resulted in utility savings of approximately $358,000 between January 2010 and June 2012.
California Pizza Kitchen (CPK) enlisted Ecova’s help in 2009 after spending a significant amount on utility bills each year across its 250 locations. Ecova compiled an Energy Performance Report that helped identify and prioritize areas for improvement by focusing on the chain’s locations with the highest energy consumption. The data allowed CPK management to work with employees to make behavioral changes that would impact energy use, analyze and make appropriate equipment upgrades. These changes resulted in reducing electricity usage by 4.3 percent in the first year.
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Environmental Leader Technology Reviews
- The Logistics, Carbon, and Business Data Book: Fall 2012 Sustainability Trends
- 2013 Insider Knowledge
- 10 Ways to Slash Energy Cost & Reduce Budget Uncertainty
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- Dow Chemical Company Optimizes Facility Management Worldwide
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- 5 Must-Have Utility Billing Alerts
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing
- Control the Balance of Power: The Future of Intelligent Energy Systems