Shaw Installs 1 MW Solar at Carpet Plant
Radiance Solar has completed a commercial solar photovoltaic installation at Shaw Industries’ carpet tile manufacturing plant in Cartersville, Ga. The 1 MW system will produce 1.4 million kWh annually.
Feeding into the Georgia Power electric grid, Shaw will use this renewable energy to help power its factory.
The roof-mounted system includes 3,696 SolarWorld made panels and 36 SMA Tripower 3-phase inverters. An added feature to the monitoring system incorporates a large screen monitor in the building that displays real-time energy production.
The project is one of several installations across Georgia completed or underway by Radiance Solar in recent months, including Canon Business Services’ warehouse expansion project in Norcross, the City of Ashburn’s municipal power project, Providence Hill Farm in Jasper, and the Anheuser-Busch Brewery, also in Cartersville.
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management