Shaw Installs 1 MW Solar at Carpet Plant
Radiance Solar has completed a commercial solar photovoltaic installation at Shaw Industries’ carpet tile manufacturing plant in Cartersville, Ga. The 1 MW system will produce 1.4 million kWh annually.
Feeding into the Georgia Power electric grid, Shaw will use this renewable energy to help power its factory.
The roof-mounted system includes 3,696 SolarWorld made panels and 36 SMA Tripower 3-phase inverters. An added feature to the monitoring system incorporates a large screen monitor in the building that displays real-time energy production.
The project is one of several installations across Georgia completed or underway by Radiance Solar in recent months, including Canon Business Services’ warehouse expansion project in Norcross, the City of Ashburn’s municipal power project, Providence Hill Farm in Jasper, and the Anheuser-Busch Brewery, also in Cartersville.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Combined Heat and Power
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management