Shaw Installs 1 MW Solar at Carpet Plant
Radiance Solar has completed a commercial solar photovoltaic installation at Shaw Industries’ carpet tile manufacturing plant in Cartersville, Ga. The 1 MW system will produce 1.4 million kWh annually.
Feeding into the Georgia Power electric grid, Shaw will use this renewable energy to help power its factory.
The roof-mounted system includes 3,696 SolarWorld made panels and 36 SMA Tripower 3-phase inverters. An added feature to the monitoring system incorporates a large screen monitor in the building that displays real-time energy production.
The project is one of several installations across Georgia completed or underway by Radiance Solar in recent months, including Canon Business Services’ warehouse expansion project in Norcross, the City of Ashburn’s municipal power project, Providence Hill Farm in Jasper, and the Anheuser-Busch Brewery, also in Cartersville.
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds