Shaw Installs 1 MW Solar at Carpet Plant
Radiance Solar has completed a commercial solar photovoltaic installation at Shaw Industries’ carpet tile manufacturing plant in Cartersville, Ga. The 1 MW system will produce 1.4 million kWh annually.
Feeding into the Georgia Power electric grid, Shaw will use this renewable energy to help power its factory.
The roof-mounted system includes 3,696 SolarWorld made panels and 36 SMA Tripower 3-phase inverters. An added feature to the monitoring system incorporates a large screen monitor in the building that displays real-time energy production.
The project is one of several installations across Georgia completed or underway by Radiance Solar in recent months, including Canon Business Services’ warehouse expansion project in Norcross, the City of Ashburn’s municipal power project, Providence Hill Farm in Jasper, and the Anheuser-Busch Brewery, also in Cartersville.
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement