Shaw Installs 1 MW Solar at Carpet Plant
Radiance Solar has completed a commercial solar photovoltaic installation at Shaw Industries’ carpet tile manufacturing plant in Cartersville, Ga. The 1 MW system will produce 1.4 million kWh annually.
Feeding into the Georgia Power electric grid, Shaw will use this renewable energy to help power its factory.
The roof-mounted system includes 3,696 SolarWorld made panels and 36 SMA Tripower 3-phase inverters. An added feature to the monitoring system incorporates a large screen monitor in the building that displays real-time energy production.
The project is one of several installations across Georgia completed or underway by Radiance Solar in recent months, including Canon Business Services’ warehouse expansion project in Norcross, the City of Ashburn’s municipal power project, Providence Hill Farm in Jasper, and the Anheuser-Busch Brewery, also in Cartersville.
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution