Shaw Installs 1 MW Solar at Carpet Plant
Radiance Solar has completed a commercial solar photovoltaic installation at Shaw Industries’ carpet tile manufacturing plant in Cartersville, Ga. The 1 MW system will produce 1.4 million kWh annually.
Feeding into the Georgia Power electric grid, Shaw will use this renewable energy to help power its factory.
The roof-mounted system includes 3,696 SolarWorld made panels and 36 SMA Tripower 3-phase inverters. An added feature to the monitoring system incorporates a large screen monitor in the building that displays real-time energy production.
The project is one of several installations across Georgia completed or underway by Radiance Solar in recent months, including Canon Business Services’ warehouse expansion project in Norcross, the City of Ashburn’s municipal power project, Providence Hill Farm in Jasper, and the Anheuser-Busch Brewery, also in Cartersville.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Enterprise Internet Of Things: What Is It, and How Will It Improve Energy Management?
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management