Shaw Installs 1 MW Solar at Carpet Plant
Radiance Solar has completed a commercial solar photovoltaic installation at Shaw Industries’ carpet tile manufacturing plant in Cartersville, Ga. The 1 MW system will produce 1.4 million kWh annually.
Feeding into the Georgia Power electric grid, Shaw will use this renewable energy to help power its factory.
The roof-mounted system includes 3,696 SolarWorld made panels and 36 SMA Tripower 3-phase inverters. An added feature to the monitoring system incorporates a large screen monitor in the building that displays real-time energy production.
The project is one of several installations across Georgia completed or underway by Radiance Solar in recent months, including Canon Business Services’ warehouse expansion project in Norcross, the City of Ashburn’s municipal power project, Providence Hill Farm in Jasper, and the Anheuser-Busch Brewery, also in Cartersville.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Dow Chemical Company Optimizes Facility Management Worldwide
- Smarter Asset Management for the Nuclear Power Imperative
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing