Shaw Installs 1 MW Solar at Carpet Plant
Radiance Solar has completed a commercial solar photovoltaic installation at Shaw Industries’ carpet tile manufacturing plant in Cartersville, Ga. The 1 MW system will produce 1.4 million kWh annually.
Feeding into the Georgia Power electric grid, Shaw will use this renewable energy to help power its factory.
The roof-mounted system includes 3,696 SolarWorld made panels and 36 SMA Tripower 3-phase inverters. An added feature to the monitoring system incorporates a large screen monitor in the building that displays real-time energy production.
The project is one of several installations across Georgia completed or underway by Radiance Solar in recent months, including Canon Business Services’ warehouse expansion project in Norcross, the City of Ashburn’s municipal power project, Providence Hill Farm in Jasper, and the Anheuser-Busch Brewery, also in Cartersville.
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- BuildingIQ Security
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement