Shaw Installs 1 MW Solar at Carpet Plant
Radiance Solar has completed a commercial solar photovoltaic installation at Shaw Industries’ carpet tile manufacturing plant in Cartersville, Ga. The 1 MW system will produce 1.4 million kWh annually.
Feeding into the Georgia Power electric grid, Shaw will use this renewable energy to help power its factory.
The roof-mounted system includes 3,696 SolarWorld made panels and 36 SMA Tripower 3-phase inverters. An added feature to the monitoring system incorporates a large screen monitor in the building that displays real-time energy production.
The project is one of several installations across Georgia completed or underway by Radiance Solar in recent months, including Canon Business Services’ warehouse expansion project in Norcross, the City of Ashburn’s municipal power project, Providence Hill Farm in Jasper, and the Anheuser-Busch Brewery, also in Cartersville.
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Combined Heat and Power
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation