Shaw Installs 1 MW Solar at Carpet Plant
Radiance Solar has completed a commercial solar photovoltaic installation at Shaw Industries’ carpet tile manufacturing plant in Cartersville, Ga. The 1 MW system will produce 1.4 million kWh annually.
Feeding into the Georgia Power electric grid, Shaw will use this renewable energy to help power its factory.
The roof-mounted system includes 3,696 SolarWorld made panels and 36 SMA Tripower 3-phase inverters. An added feature to the monitoring system incorporates a large screen monitor in the building that displays real-time energy production.
The project is one of several installations across Georgia completed or underway by Radiance Solar in recent months, including Canon Business Services’ warehouse expansion project in Norcross, the City of Ashburn’s municipal power project, Providence Hill Farm in Jasper, and the Anheuser-Busch Brewery, also in Cartersville.
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions - Findings from Leading Professionals
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- Combined Heat and Power
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends