Shaw Installs 1 MW Solar at Carpet Plant
Radiance Solar has completed a commercial solar photovoltaic installation at Shaw Industries’ carpet tile manufacturing plant in Cartersville, Ga. The 1 MW system will produce 1.4 million kWh annually.
Feeding into the Georgia Power electric grid, Shaw will use this renewable energy to help power its factory.
The roof-mounted system includes 3,696 SolarWorld made panels and 36 SMA Tripower 3-phase inverters. An added feature to the monitoring system incorporates a large screen monitor in the building that displays real-time energy production.
The project is one of several installations across Georgia completed or underway by Radiance Solar in recent months, including Canon Business Services’ warehouse expansion project in Norcross, the City of Ashburn’s municipal power project, Providence Hill Farm in Jasper, and the Anheuser-Busch Brewery, also in Cartersville.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- The Impact of a Changing Workforce on Facilities Management
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Optimizing Asset and Service Management in the Manufacturing Industry
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room