Shaw Installs 1 MW Solar at Carpet Plant
Radiance Solar has completed a commercial solar photovoltaic installation at Shaw Industries’ carpet tile manufacturing plant in Cartersville, Ga. The 1 MW system will produce 1.4 million kWh annually.
Feeding into the Georgia Power electric grid, Shaw will use this renewable energy to help power its factory.
The roof-mounted system includes 3,696 SolarWorld made panels and 36 SMA Tripower 3-phase inverters. An added feature to the monitoring system incorporates a large screen monitor in the building that displays real-time energy production.
The project is one of several installations across Georgia completed or underway by Radiance Solar in recent months, including Canon Business Services’ warehouse expansion project in Norcross, the City of Ashburn’s municipal power project, Providence Hill Farm in Jasper, and the Anheuser-Busch Brewery, also in Cartersville.
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement