Shaw Installs 1 MW Solar at Carpet Plant
Radiance Solar has completed a commercial solar photovoltaic installation at Shaw Industries’ carpet tile manufacturing plant in Cartersville, Ga. The 1 MW system will produce 1.4 million kWh annually.
Feeding into the Georgia Power electric grid, Shaw will use this renewable energy to help power its factory.
The roof-mounted system includes 3,696 SolarWorld made panels and 36 SMA Tripower 3-phase inverters. An added feature to the monitoring system incorporates a large screen monitor in the building that displays real-time energy production.
The project is one of several installations across Georgia completed or underway by Radiance Solar in recent months, including Canon Business Services’ warehouse expansion project in Norcross, the City of Ashburn’s municipal power project, Providence Hill Farm in Jasper, and the Anheuser-Busch Brewery, also in Cartersville.
- The World Resources Institute Scope 2 Guidance: A Verifier’s Perspective
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles