Shore Hotel Installs Energy Storage, EV Charging
The Shore Hotel in Santa Monica, California, unveiled a Green Charge Networks energy storage system coupled with electric vehicle DC charging. Shore Hotel is a newly-built LEED Gold certified hotel.
The energy storage system coupled with EV charging is expected to save the hotel 50 percent in demand charges.
According to Green Charge, every time an EV is plugged into a charging station, the electricity demand for a building spikes, which can leave businesses with high demand charges at the end of the month. Demand charges are part of a commercial electricity bill and are determined by the highest 15 minutes of use during a billing cycle. Even one sudden spike in energy usage can increase the monthly electric bill.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles