Siemens Intros Microgrid Management Software
Siemens has introduced Spectrum Power 7 Microgrid Management System (SP7 MGMS). The SCADA-based software allows microgrid operators to dynamically manage and control distributed energy resources through integrated weather and load forecasting.
The software allows each microgrid to operate based on its particular goals, whether economic or environmental, and allows utilities to more efficiently integrate distributed generation resources like renewables.
The MGMS enables microgrid operators to participate in energy markets by intelligently managing their own power generation with visibility into the power needs of the grid. Operators can plan power generation based on energy market price forecasts from 15 minute to hourly increments and up to day-ahead or seven day-ahead horizons.
The control software is responsible for microgrid operation while connected or disconnected from the utility grid. The software can be deployed at the control center or at a remote site and features not only renewable, but energy storage systems integration and control.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection