Siemens Monitors Condition of Motors
Siemens Industry Services announced a new advanced monitoring service for motors. Using Veros Systems technology, Siemens uses high frequency measurements of currents and voltages to continually assess the operating performance and machine health of motors and their mechanical and electrical components.
The data-driven service gives customers real-time information of their motor’s output efficiency, torque, loading, power factor, speed and power quality. In addition, customers receive predictive warnings of impending asset health issues such as bearing failures, rotor bar cracks, soft footing and bolt looseness, coupling issues, impeller cracks and seal leaks.
With the service, Siemens provides all necessary software, hardware and installation services under a fixed rate, annual service contract. No capital, installation or project management efforts are required from the customer, and no additional sensors are required on the rotating equipment itself.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- There’s Money in the Trash