Siemens, Pioneer Working with the Houston Housing Authority
Pioneering Technology Corp. and the Building Technologies Division of Siemens are working to increase energy efficiency and reduce costs for the Houston Housing Authority.
The arrangement is part of an initiative by the U.S. Department of Energy (DoE) and the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Under the agreement, Pioneering will provide and install 1,339 Safe-T-element cooking systems in HHA’s facilities. These devices make cooking safer and cut energy use, according to the press release. The HHA has established an energy savings performance contract (ESPC) with Siemens to finance this and other efficiency upgrades. These include irrigation and rain water harvesting, energy management and control systems and HVAC upgrades.
Last month, IoT Tech reported that Capegemini and Siemens Building Technologies Division are working on a platform that will provide asset management and analytics capabilities.
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- There’s Money in the Trash
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Approaches to Managing EHS&S Data
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers