Siemens, Pioneer Working with the Houston Housing Authority
Pioneering Technology Corp. and the Building Technologies Division of Siemens are working to increase energy efficiency and reduce costs for the Houston Housing Authority.
The arrangement is part of an initiative by the U.S. Department of Energy (DoE) and the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Under the agreement, Pioneering will provide and install 1,339 Safe-T-element cooking systems in HHA’s facilities. These devices make cooking safer and cut energy use, according to the press release. The HHA has established an energy savings performance contract (ESPC) with Siemens to finance this and other efficiency upgrades. These include irrigation and rain water harvesting, energy management and control systems and HVAC upgrades.
Last month, IoT Tech reported that Capegemini and Siemens Building Technologies Division are working on a platform that will provide asset management and analytics capabilities.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Planning for a Sustainable Future