Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
Siemens’ new microgrid software-as-a-service platform is aimed at small power operators such as campuses and industrial and commercial sites.
The company says that the Spectrum Power Microgrid Management System (MGMS) is a remotely hosted platform that enables dynamic management and control of distributed energy resources. It includes integrated weather and load forecasting. The benefits of the platform, according to Siemens, are improved grid resiliency, better power quality and added ability to add sustainable power sources.
The microgrid management system is hosted at a secure data center, where it is monitored on a 24/7 basis. It is operated, however, by the end user through a Web-based user interface.
In October, GE announced Current, which provides energy-as-a-service via its Predix digital analytics platform.
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection