Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
Siemens’ new microgrid software-as-a-service platform is aimed at small power operators such as campuses and industrial and commercial sites.
The company says that the Spectrum Power Microgrid Management System (MGMS) is a remotely hosted platform that enables dynamic management and control of distributed energy resources. It includes integrated weather and load forecasting. The benefits of the platform, according to Siemens, are improved grid resiliency, better power quality and added ability to add sustainable power sources.
The microgrid management system is hosted at a secure data center, where it is monitored on a 24/7 basis. It is operated, however, by the end user through a Web-based user interface.
In October, GE announced Current, which provides energy-as-a-service via its Predix digital analytics platform.
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Approaches to Managing EHS&S Data
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds